Ice Shadows by William Massa
621,268,033 (4.25)None

A good addition to the series with a decent narrator.

I was provided with a free copy of this book from the author, narrator or publisher in exchange for an unbiased review. ( )
  littlebear514 | Sep 18, 2015 |
ABR's original Ice Shadows audiobook review and many others can be found at Audiobook Reviewer.

If you have listened to the first two books in this series, Damnation Code and Apocalypse Solider, them the decision to listen to this short novella is a no brainer. I mean why wouldn’t you want to hear more about the missions of Mark Talon?

William Massa has one heck of an imagination. I mean weaponized death metal, really? This is what Talon finds himself, on this international adventure, against here. The lead man for the band has acquired enough ancient runes to trigger a frozen armageddon.

Massa does a great job of bringing us up to speed with the main characters, probably not really needed, I think it was just in case for some reason you decided to start listening with this one. I enjoyed learning more about the man that has been pulling Talons strings, so to speak.

If you have been humming and hawing about whether or not to get into this series of fast paced military paranormal mayhem and destruction. Ice Shadows could be the audiobook you have been waiting for. It gives you a taste of what you can expect in the rest of the series.

If you haven’t, and I don’t know what rock you have been hiding under, listened to any of James Foster‘s work, you need to do it. Now. Because he will speak to you like very few others can. Making you believe that, even though Talon in a military special forces guy, he is also just a regular dude. This is Foster’s strength. Making characters seem approachable no matter how baffling their situation might be.

Now I have no idea what a Norwegian accent sounds like, and I think this is the first of any accents I have heard from Foster. It was believable to me. If it is wrong at least he gave it a shot and didn’t back down.

Audiobook provided for review by the narrator. ( )
  audiobibliophile | Jul 28, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,141,145 books! | Top bar: Always visible