More Than This by Staci Stallings

More Than This

by Staci Stallings

z works in a coffee shop while studying and every night Jake comes in and hides himself in a dark corner with his laptop to write his book. However they are both hiding a secret which they kept to themselves. As they get to know each other will they be able to open up and let God heal the pain and allow them to live a full life.

I enjoyed this book which dealt with really difficult issues which many struggle with. It takes a while to get going but is worth persevering with. God is present very naturally and gently as Jake in particular comes to recognise his need for Him in his life.

The ending was clear from early on but the journey to get there is an emotional roller coaster as they tentatively try to trust each other.

It was good to read a Christian novel which wasn't preachy. As the title says with God there is 'more than this' to all our lives if we allow Him in. ( )
  Northern_Light | Dec 20, 2016 |
I've read Ms. Stalling's work before so I knew I could expect good writing from her, so I downloaded this book. Unlike her previous books that I've read, I felt that this had a rather weak beginning. It just felt hum-drum for the first few pages, but it got better as the story continued on.

Jake really sounds like a guy that I'd love to get to know. Liz also comes across as a likable person, but there were moments where I thought she was lacking something. (Not quite sure what.) Overall, it was a good read, it doesn't make my "Favorites" list. ( )
  caslater83 | Nov 12, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,497,777 books! | Top bar: Always visible