Forever in Love by Leeanna Morgan

Amy had a bad childhood with a drunken mother who wasn't around much. The Gray's let her live with them on their Montana ranch for a couple of years but she left after school, becoming a doctor. Nine years after leaving she returned to the only place she thought of as home, with her baby sister in tow. Everybody was happy to see her except Nathan. He never stopped loving her even after she hurt him by leaving.

This was a nice light read with the main characters being very troubled by issues from their pasts which we learn about as the story progresses. I love stories with babies and cowboys in them so I was really looking forward to reading this book. However, the blurb was misleading. It said "she found a baby on her doorstep" which I took literally when actually her mother left her baby - Amy's sister - with her. That's very different from opening the door and finding a baby there. ( )
  JoAB | Jan 26, 2017 |
This was a wonderful book. I think the language, at times, was unnecessary, but overall, I was pretty satisfied with the progression of the book and its ending. I liked the fact that there was a page turner in regards to Amy's mother.

I did notice that there were still some things unfinished/underdeveloped/unanswered such as: How did the barn catch on fire? Who rescued Nathan? There's some indication of a near-rape incident in Amy's past which makes one question if this was a stand-alone incident involving a stranger or was this from someone she trusted? Either way, it definitely would haunt a young girl for years to come. The emotional trauma from both Amy's past and Nathan's burns are fairly obvious.

While the book itself was good, I can't help but think that it would have been a good idea to add more information to the story. ( )
  caslater83 | Nov 12, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,428,453 books! | Top bar: Always visible