Just Beginning: A Prequel to Just Destiny…

Just Beginning: A Prequel to Just Destiny (Destiny, #1)

by Theresa Rizzo

I received Just Beginning for free to read and provide an honest review. Let me be up front at first, I have not read the follow on book, Just Destiny, but the title does state this is a prequel to that book, so I figured both were closely related. In this story, Jenny Campbell, who has had a difficult life, meets and falls for an older, more sophisticated man, Gabe Harrison. Both find what they have wanted in each other. However, the big stumbling block to their relationship is the opposition to their marriage by their families. Can the pair get beyond this? Can they somehow reconcile the opposition so it does not destroy what they have together?

This is a well written, interesting book by an author whose books I have always enjoyed. In this one, she does not disappoint. Jenny’s and Gabe’s romance and courtship is a beautiful read of two people who try their best to put the best foot forward, and not dwell on or let the past infringe on their future together. The chemistry between them is clearly resent throughout their story. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know this couple, individually and together. Their love story, at times, seemed almost too ideal for me, but I decided I needed this exciting look at a good, solid relationship after reading so many books about the rocky, difficult relationships coupes have in other books.

After reading this book, I am now ready to read the follow-on to their story in Just Destiny. If you have read that book, this one will probably help you understand and appreciate that story more. If you have not read Just Destine, this is a wonderful way to be introduced to the fascinating characters in that book. I recommend reading both. ( )
  KMT01 | Apr 29, 2016 |

I received a copy of this book for an honest review. The book got my attention right away. I thought the middle of the book took too long . The ending of the book set you up for the sequel making you want to read it. All in all it was a good book.
  booksnuggle | Aug 30, 2015 |

From award-winning author, Theresa Rizzo, comes this prequel to bestselling Just Destiny.

Twenty-something Jenny Campbell's life has been a series of screw-ups, and the latest one endangered her little brother's life. But when she falls for sophisticated Gabe Harrison, she has a chance to turn her life around...if she can keep her past a secret.

Gabe's career as a successful doctor has left just enough time for his teenage children and little else. But when beautiful, vivacious Jenny comes along, she breathes love and happiness into his lonely life. There's only one problem: their families are opposed to their relationship.  Money and age differences mean nothing to Gabe as long as they have trust, love, and respect.

But can two out of three be good enough?

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,920,901 books! | Top bar: Always visible