Fatal by John Lescroart

Wow... a couple surprises in there.. for a time I was convinced that the big surprise was that a certain character 'did it'... (avoiding spoilers).. and instead... well, it was a different surprise.
Great story. ( )
  LaurieGienapp | Dec 8, 2017 |
Unfortunately, the story line in this novel reflects our current societal mores exactly. Interesting character development and plot. It became a little over-long and wordy and could have ended sooner with the same result. ( )
  readyreader | Nov 30, 2017 |
What started out as a fairly intriguing murder mystery and well-developed characters turned into a hot mess. Although the reader certainly knows more about the killer than the police do as the story progresses and thus the identity was somewhat easy to identify, investigator Beth Tully was really frustratingly sloppy in her detective work. The blah ending was annoying. ( )
1 vote flourgirl49 | Nov 13, 2017 |
I enjoyed reading the book until the very end. The story moved along quickly--- there were deception, adultery, terrorism, murder, etc. There were also the obligatory swerves and surprises that a good crime fiction novel should have. I was disappointed in how the story ended. I had an open mind as to who the murderer or murderers would be. But the resolution of the book left me cold. The story mirrored the ones from crime series that one sees on TV.

I read the book based on some good buzz and previews. The murder investigation fumbled along a bit too long for my taste and interest. Just not my cup of tea… ( )
  writemoves | Jul 16, 2017 |
Pretty clever mystery; good but not great! ( )
  JosephKing6602 | Mar 18, 2017 |

"From New York Times bestselling author John Lescroart, a riveting standalone novel about the unexpected, shattering, and lethal consequences of a one-night stand on a seemingly happily married couple. Kate loves her life. At forty-four, she's happily married to her kind husband, Ron, blessed with two wonderful children, and has a beautiful home in San Francisco. Everything changes, however, when she and Ron attend a dinner party and meet another couple, Peter and Jill. Kate and Peter only exchange a few pleasant words but that night, in bed with her husband, Kate is suddenly overcome with a burning desire for Peter. What begins as an innocent crush soon develops into a dangerous obsession and Kate's fixation on Peter results in one intense, passionate encounter between the two. Confident that her life can now go back to normal, Kate never considers that Peter may not be so willing to move on. Not long after their affair, a masked man barges into the cafe Kate is sitting in with her best friend, firing an assault weapon indiscriminately into the crowd. This tragedy is the first in a series of horrifying events that will show Kate just how grave the consequences of one mistake can be. An explosive story of infidelity, danger, and moral ambiguity, John Lescroart's latest thriller will excite and satisfy both his current and new fans"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,743,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible