The Bird and the Sword by Amy Harmon

The Bird and the Sword

by Amy Harmon

An entertaining and dramatic YA romantic fantasy. The story follows Lark in a medievel-esque fantasy with an interesting magical aspect as she grows in character and finds love. The story itself is more focused on the romance peace than fantasy. The romance isn't over done and enjoyable. The world building is poor, as the first part of the book is a bit slow and the author focuses more on telling, instead of showing. It does get a lot better as the book goes on. Overall a good book and recommend to anyone looking for YA romance. ( )
  renbedell | Aug 15, 2017 |
Captivating.

This was my first offering from Amy Harmon but I now definitely plan to read many more of her work. Tiras and Lark where do I start, this story captured my imagination from the start what a beautiful love story this was, I loved the magical quality of this book, set against an almost medieval background, in the times of knights and swords the words transported you of the page to a different time and place loved it, be prepared to be inspired and fall in love with Lark and Tiras, can't wait to read more from this author. ( )
  carpathian1974 | Jun 6, 2017 |
Surprisingly good YA fairytale-fantasy. Beautifully written. ( )
  AddictedToMorphemes | Apr 29, 2017 |
This was my first book by AMy Harmon, and definitely not the last.
Her writing style is phenomenal. Raw and enchanting.
Think of this story as Beauty and the Beast. Except her beauty is not obvious and the beast... Well the beast is complicated. Wrap this up in a spectrum of all human emotions and you have magic.
I read the book so fast that when I was done all I could do is just say... wow.
Unforgettable read! ( )
  bookandsword | Jan 9, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,938,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible