Can't Let Go by A. P. Jensen

Can't Let Go

by A. P. Jensen

811,035,133 (3)None

Review for audiobook ~ 2 stars story ♫ 1 star narration.

First of all, this copy was given to me by the author to listen to and review. So, I thank her very much and I feel so bad that I can't leave a better review. My friends that have read the book gave it high scores so I had high hopes, but it just didn't work for me.
This is one of those rare instances where the narrator can just ruin the whole book. I may have enjoyed it more had I read it, but that wasn't the case. The narrator sounded like a computer generated voice for 80% of the book. I seriously thought it was but for rare times when she would put some inflection in her voice and prove me wrong. I struggled to finish and this would have been a DNF (audiobook) except I felt I owed it to the author.
Trying to separate the story from the painful narration, I give it 2 stars... I think I would have liked the heroine better if I would have had more back story earlier on. As it was, by time I learned what had caused the breakup I was disinterested in the heroine and the hero. I had quite a few issues with the story in fact... there were a few eye rolls. I do think it could have been amazing for me if it didn't feel so forced for the last half of the book. By the end, I didn't really care if they made it work or didn't. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,022,483 books! | Top bar: Always visible