My Wild Irish Dragon (Boston Dragons) by…

My Wild Irish Dragon (Boston Dragons)

by Ashlyn Chase

113820,536 (4)1

A a thousand year old dragon princess shifter from Ireland and a phoenix shifter are both in competition for a Boston firefighting position whilst keeping their abilities secret. Chloe is determined to make a new start in America, and Ryan is under pressure to uphold his family's firefighting legacy. Both are so well-qualified for the job that both are hired, but their rivalry continues. The dragons seem to be dying out and apparently female dragons can only reproduce with another dragon, and only every five years or so. Because of this, Chloe’s cousin Aiden arrives and demands he marry her to keep the race alive. As Chloe and Ryan's rivalry turns to romance, more complications arrive - one being that Ryan has to rise from the ashes. An okay read, the main character could have been developed more and the storyline had potential which I don't think was fulfilled. ( )
  DebbieMcCauley | Jun 15, 2017 |
Ryan Fierro and Chloe Arish are both competing for the same slot in the Boston Fire Department. Each is uniquely suited to the job of a firefighter as he is a phoenix shifter and she is a dragon shifter. Fortunately, the budget is expanded so they both get jobs. Now they just have to figure out how to not let their attraction to each other get in the way of their work.
I read paranormal, but usually with vampires or wolf shifters. This was a first and while I was a little disappointed that the shifter parts weren't emphasized, I still found this an interesting and well-written story. In some ways, it could just be a romance about an Irish girl and Italian boy from Boston. The secondary characters are fun and the romance is cute and a bit steamy. All in all, a fun read. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Oct 18, 2016 |
This was another fun paranormal romance. Chloe is a dragon who is living in Boston and who decides that she can best contribute to life by becoming a fire fighter. It helps that she is fireproof. However, she is competing for the opening with Ryan Fierro who comes from a well-known Boston firefighting family. He happens to be a phoenix.

Chloe and Ryan turn their rivalry into a romance when both are accepted into the fire department, assigned to the same company, and assigned to the same shift. Neither knows about the other's paranormal ability though. Chloe has to deal with one of the firefighters who apparently doesn't like female firefighters but otherwise work goes smoothly - until Ryan "dies" in a fire.

I liked getting to see some of the characters from earlier books in this series including Chloe's brother and his girlfriend. I really like it when Mother Earth made her appearances in the story. I liked Chloe's assertiveness especially when dealing with her cousin Aiden who is determined that they should marry to prevent the dragons from going extinct.

There was a great combination of humor and spicy romance in this fast paced addition to the Boston Dragons series. ( )
  kmartin802 | Jul 25, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,096,877 books! | Top bar: Always visible