Awesome Is Everywhere by Neil Pasricha

Awesome Is Everywhere

by Neil Pasricha

Press Here by Hervé Tullet (eo206)
    eo206: Similar interactive book style for young children

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Disclaimer: I received a free copy from the publisher.

The title doesn't do this interactive book justice. I love how it combines fun with science and travel. Little minds will love exploring the depths and knowing what sand is made of. ( )
  molliekay | Aug 16, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is full of photos and children are supposed to believe that manipulating the book (tapping, shaking, blowing) is going to offer something different on the next page. Tap the Magic Tree did this to good effect. This book, however, could use a better title - something to do with zooming in and zooming out. And, I think, it would make a better picture book than a board book. Board books are usually for children 0-3 and this book probably wouldn't interest them. ( )
  TheOaksPCW | Jul 20, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My Four year old LOVES this book. It's her beach book. Beautiful pictures and I love the interactive-ness to the book as well. A great addition to the Everything is Awesome series. ( )
  BrilliantGlow | May 10, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My 2 year old is just starting to enjoy interactive books, so the shaking/tilting/blowing prompts throughout the book are a lot of fun and are teaching her what those actions entail. The pictures are lovely and captivating, and the change of scale throughout the book really mesmerizes the toddler :) ( )
  KallieGrace | May 8, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
My storytime children gravitate towards interactive books like no other so I was pleased as punch to find that this book was interactive. Still, it may be reduced to being a one-hit wonder of sorts. Some of the illustrations were kind of lackluster or felt kind of one-dimensional somehow. Maybe that's why? It's hard to pinpoint why this book didn't thrive more. I love that it encourages children to imagine sand between their feet and being sunkissed with a breeze in their hair but this book doesn't do much beyond being a quick little beach escapade. I'd recommend borrowing it from the library before buying it. I doubt children will want to read it more than once. ( )
  mrs.k.rippel | May 8, 2018 |

A stunning first picture book from the New York Times bestselling author of The Book of Awesome.

Are you ready? With the simple touch of your fingers go on a stunning interactive journey to see the world as you never have before. Fly through wispy clouds, dive deep into the sparkling ocean, feel wet grains of sand on a hot and sunny beach... You will discover you can fly your mind to anywhere on Earth. And by the time you reach the surprise ending in this unforgettable journey you'll learn that awesome truly is everywhere.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 23 Jun 2016 19:04:49 -0400)

Follow your imagination high into the clouds, low under the waves and everywhere in between with this awesome exploration of the world around you.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Neil Pasricha's book Awesome Is Everywhere is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,671,663 books! | Top bar: Always visible