The 7th Canon by Robert Dugoni

The 7th Canon

by Robert Dugoni

4711247,300 (4)4

I think that THE 7THE CANON is an excellent thriller. The story takes place in 1987 and I was thrilled to read a book that takes place in the 80s, before all modern inventions like cell phones, etc. It's not that far back in time, but I quite enjoy reading books from that time. Probably because I'm a child of the 80s. THE 7THE CANON is a story about injustice and corruption, always a fascinating subject. One can't help wonder through the book why some of the characters in the book seem so desperate to get Father Thomas Martin convicted. What are they hiding? Will Donley be able to free Father Thomas Martin, and is he really innocent?

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Apr 14, 2017 |
This was a fairly interesting whodunnit set in San Franciso where a priest is accused of murder. It's a very convoluted story with many characters; some of which I got confused; hence the 3 stars. ( )
  tess_schoolmarm | Apr 1, 2017 |
The first few chapters didn't grab me but once it got going, I didn't want to put it down. I think I liked this one more than any of the Tracy Crosswhite books. The plot wasn't what I thought it would be and I enjoyed the unfolding of the mystery. I liked the characters quite a bit and there were plenty of them. ( )
  amcheri | Nov 15, 2016 |
Review to follow. ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 2, 2016 |
The 7th canon means, “A lawyer should represent a client zealously within the bounds of the law.” Even a guilty person is entitled to defense. But it is pretty tough when the accused is a priest who runs a homeless shelter and the victim is a tortured, murdered child found in the shelter. So is the priest guilty, or just deserving a decent defense?

This book engaged me throughout. It moved along at a good pace. There was, of course, violence, but certainly not the most graphic I've read about. There are powerful people, powerful secrets, and powerful enemies.

The writing is straightforward, not flowery, not over the top. While I probably won't remember this book a month from now, it was an entertaining, engaging story for me.

I read this as an e-book through my Kindle Unlimited membership. ( )
  TooBusyReading | Oct 18, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,074,505 books! | Top bar: Always visible