The 7th Canon by Robert Dugoni

The 7th Canon (edition 2016)

by Robert Dugoni (Author)

Member:Carol420
Title:The 7th Canon
Authors:Robert Dugoni (Author)
Info:Thomas & Mercer (2016), 336 pages
Collections:Your library, Read
Rating:*****

The 7th Canon by Robert Dugoni

I received an advance copy of this book through Netgalley. I appreciate the opportunity from Netgalley and Robert Dugoni to read and review this book.

The 7th Canon by Robert Dugoni begins when Father Martin is accused of killing a young boy from his shelter. However, this is just the beginning of Father Martin's troubles. Bring in one very hot-headed cop and things just get worse. Father Martin eventually hires Peter Donley to be his defense against his murder charge. Donley sacrifices his family and life in order to prove that Father Martin is not a cold blooded killer. How far will one attorney go to stand up for his client and find out who actually killed this young boy? Will he end up losing his own life in the pursuit of justice?

I really enjoyed this novel. This is the first book I have read that was written by Robert Dugoni and I will certainly be reading more of his books. This was a very satisfying read and had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I will be recommending this book to friends, family, and anyone else who is interested in an edge of your seat thriller. ( )
  NikkiK94 | Mar 21, 2018 |
I enjoyed this book. I've read some of the author's other work, but this was the first legal thriller. It moved a little faster than a Grisham novel. ( )
  JustinKimball | Feb 14, 2018 |
I'm a fan of Robert Dugoni's Tracy Crosswhite series ( My Sister's Grave, Her Final Breath) so I was very happy when I won this in a Goodreads giveaway. It did not disappoint. The 7th Cannon is a meticulously crafted legal thriller with the tight, adrenalin-fueled suspense I've come to expect from this author. Add in the cast of great characters and you have a book that's hard to put down. I'd like to see this become a series. ( )
  wandaly | Dec 21, 2017 |
I think that THE 7THE CANON is an excellent thriller. The story takes place in 1987 and I was thrilled to read a book that takes place in the 80s, before all modern inventions like cell phones, etc. It's not that far back in time, but I quite enjoy reading books from that time. Probably because I'm a child of the 80s. THE 7THE CANON is a story about injustice and corruption, always a fascinating subject. One can't help wonder through the book why some of the characters in the book seem so desperate to get Father Thomas Martin convicted. What are they hiding? Will Donley be able to free Father Thomas Martin, and is he really innocent?

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
I've seen mixed reviews for this book. It seems you either really liked it or you really didn't....I really did. I found the characters of Peter Donley and Frank Ross to be ones that you could really root for and the character of Dixon Connor to be one you could truly hate...but it took all of them to make a first rate story. I have read Robert Dugoni's courtroom series featuring David Sloan and thought that this one would fit right in with that series...if only Dugoni had had more of the courtroom drama that he is so good at writing. Overall it was an excellent read and it will appeal to readers that like novels with lots of action and a seemingly impossible mystery to solve. ( )
  Carol420 | Oct 7, 2017 |

In San Francisco's seamy Tenderloin district, a teenage street hustler has been murdered in a shelter for boys. And the dedicated priest who runs the struggling home stands accused. But despite evidence that he's a killer, and worse, Father Thomas Martin stands by his innocence. And attorney Peter Donley stands with him. But a ruthless DA seeking headlines and a brutal homicide cop bent on vengeance have their own agendas.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,081,037 books! | Top bar: Always visible