A Super Upsetting Cookbook About Sandwiches…

A Super Upsetting Cookbook About Sandwiches

by Tyler Kord

I think I can honestly say this cookbook is unique and unlike any other I have ever read or owned. I laughed out loud so many times while reading it, it should have been a crime. So, I'd like to make a toast, (or rather raise my asparagus sandwich) to Tyler Kord for making it okay for me, or anyone else for that matter, to have a sandwich anyway I want. To hell with what everyone else thinks!

Of course, if I'm really really honest, I'm not sure I'm going to try a lot of the recipes in this book (especially the difficult and time consuming ones) because frankly, I'm just too lazy for that. But, I loved the book nonetheless because it made me think about all the ways I could make a sandwich with unexpected ingredients. Some of my favorite recipes in this book were the Famous Rap Battles of History, Don't Cry for me Argentina and pretty much anything that included meatloaf. I really like the fact that recipes for sauces and topping were included. I liked the recipe for Mayo and all the additions one could add to make an interesting variation. I've never made Mayo, again I'm lazy, but I like to think that one day I might give it a try, just to see if I can.

Overall, this was a fun and entertaining book. It's good for anyone who loves making sandwiches, and it's perfect for those who want to be creative with their sandwiches.

Thanks to Blogging for Books for allowing me to read this book in exchange for an honest review.
More reviews at: www.susannesbooklist.blogspot.com ( )
  SUS456 | Jul 6, 2016 |
A quick enjoyable cookbook, full of fun anecdotes, great pictures, and amazing recipes. I will admit upfront that I have not made any of the recipes (YET!) but I definitely want to try some of these delectable sandwiches. They are all wildly unique and involve ingredients that you don't normally think have any place on a sandwich (broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower, etc.) and as such can require a little more prep than most people normally put into making a sandwich. Over half the recipes involve meat, but with some imagination it would be easy to substitute vegetarian replacements for a weirdo herbivore like me. The Shadiest One is the recipe I'm dying to try out the most, it involves avocado, ricotta cheese, lemon, bread, cheddar cheese, cucumber muchim, and fried shallots. Tell me that doesn't sound amazing?!?!? Some others that sound like heaven on earth are: The Battle of Shanghai (general tso's tofu, spaghetti squash salad, pickled ginger, shiso, mayo), Zucchini Parm (fried zucchini, fontina, onion puree, pickled jaleponos, bbq potato chips), Taken 2 (broccoli falafel, fennel puree, muchim pickles, tomatoes), among dozens others. Seriously, what an awesome cookbook from the owner of the No. 7 shops in New York.

I received this book for free from Blogging for Books in return for my honest, unbiased review. ( )
  ecataldi | Jun 29, 2016 |

Tyler Kord is chef-owner of the lauded No. 7 restaurant and No. 7 Sub shops in New York. He is also a fabulously neurotic man who directs his energy into careless ruminations on sandwich philosophy, love, self-loathing, pay phones, getting drunk in the shower, Tom Cruise, food ethics, and what it's like having  the names of two different women tattooed on your body. Most of these ruminations also happen to be  truly excellent recipes, like roast beef with crispy shallots and smoky French dressing, or a mind-blowing mayonnaise that tastes exactly like pho. [Tyler, you never did finish writing that fried squid recipe though. You know that, right? -Ed.] This is his first book. If you buy it, you can help make sure it won't be his last.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Jun 2016 13:31:41 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,935,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible