Unnatural Deeds by Cyn Balog

Unnatural Deeds

by Cyn Balog

Victoria Zell doesn't fit in. She was the new kid last year at St. Ann's - a close-knit Catholic school - and still hasn't made any friends. But now she's not the new kid anymore. Mysterious and charismatic Z is. He makes her feel special. He makes everyone in the whole school feel special. Victoria becomes obsessed with Z, trying to figure out who he really is. And that's when something terrible happens.

This book was so good. I devoured it so I didn't have a chance to put the pieces together that I may have noticed otherwise. I love how this is Victoria's story about what happened, written to her boyfriend, Andrew. The whole story flowed well, the characters felt real, I enjoyed the twists and turns. I also really enjoyed the police interviews with students, teachers and parents. Definitely worthy of a re-read. ( )
  jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
Victoria Zell is a teenager who just doesn’t quite fit in at her new school. It also appears that she did not fit in at her old school either, a cause for great concern for her parents. She lives next door to her boyfriend and best friend since childhood, a boy who has suffered from extreme anxiety and is home-schooled. They are inseparable until Vic meets “Z” – the new boy at school. Things take a horrific turn in one of the best endings I have ever read in a book! Vic’s secrets are totally unexpected, as is the end! ( )
  Susan.Macura | Jan 22, 2017 |
Wow what a disturbing story of obsession and mental illness. There isn't much I can say about this book without giving away parts that I don't want to give away. This is a well written book with mysterious characters and a disturbing ending. You may think you know whats going on but I was pretty shocked by the ending.

I really enjoyed this book, I knew there was more to it than meets the eye but I couldn't put my finger on it. The story is told by Vic but alternating chapters are interviews from the police over something that has happened. I was hooked from the beginning breezing through to find out what happens in the end. ( )
  ReadingGrrl | Nov 5, 2016 |
Wonderful! This book follows the relationship between 2 new students at St. Ann's Catholic School in Maine. Victoria moved to the school first because her parents felt she needed a change because of her anxiety. Z moved to the school next and the book follows their relationship as they learn about each other and their pasts. The foreshadowing (mostly police interviews) at the beginning of each chapter made it hard to put the book down. ( )
  AmandaSanders | Oct 29, 2016 |
A dark YA novel that feels like film noir. It's not always coherent, but the female MC suffers from mental illness and there are a couple of surprises. I liked the author's book Fairy Tale a little better. However, this work could be used as a conversation starter about important issues for older students.

Net Galley Feedback ( )
  LibStaff2 | Oct 25, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,900,812 books! | Top bar: Always visible