Chasing I Do by Marina Adair

Wow! What a great book! The story starts with Darcy, a single mom who has restored an old mansion into a wonderful wedding venue. She is the wedding designer/planner & her friend is the wedding cake baker. She is contacted by a magazine about doing a wedding for a famous couple & they agreed to all her terms. This could turn her business into the black & allow for some more needed repairs! When the couple is supposed to arrive, instead it is Gage Easton, her former friend & almost brother in law. Darcy was set to marry his brother Kyle but ran out on the wedding & then Kyle was killed in an accident. Darcy had her reasons but no one gave her time to explain.

This story started out with a bang! We get to meet Darcy & begin to dwelve into her character when suddenly, major conflict! Marina has done a great job giving us a heroine to love, enjoy & feel sorry for. She's engaged all of our emotions in the beginning of the book & totally hooked her readers with the plot. I couldn't put it down! The plot continually has twists & turns as more tidbits from the past are revealed. I have never disliked a character so much as one character in this book. I felt like I should feel sorry for her but she burned her bridges & continues to burn them again & again. The bond that is shown between Gage & Darcy is strong & not new. You can tell they were friends in the past.

I totally loved this book! To me, it reminded me of reading the Nora Roberts books where I would cry, laugh, and read intently. I stayed up late last night because I kept saying one more chapter! You will not be sorry if you purchase this book to read. The only thing I dislike is that it will be too long before the second in the series comes out!! ( )
  Pam50627 | Sep 14, 2016 |

Darcy Kincaid might be a runaway bride, but she still believes in happily ever after, which is why she’s devoted to helping couples orchestrate their perfect I do. Even though her fiancée turned out to be unfaithful and a big disappointment, Darcy walked away from her wedding fully committed—to her unborn daughter. Now, a single mom, it’s up to Darcy to secure her daughter’s future, which is why she’s invested her life savings into renovating Belle Mont Manor, Portland’s oldest, and nearly forgotten, wedding venue. So when Wedding Magazine offers her the cover for their June issue, in exchange for planning the wedding of a high-profile couple, Darcy thanks her lucky stars. Until the star’s best man turns out to be her ex’s brother… The last time Gage Easton saw Darcy, she was sneaking out the back door of her own wedding—destroying his brother’s life. No way is he going to entrust the gorgeous jilter with his biggest client’s special day, no matter how much in love with her he secretly was. Determined to take his client’s wedding elsewhere, he confronts Darcy, only to meet a toddler with Darcy’s blonde curls and the Easton blue eyes that has him renegotiating—the wedding for a chance to know his niece. But when a fun day in the park leads to warm family dinners, Gage finds himself stuck between his loyalty to his brother—and the two women who have stolen his heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 15 Jun 2016 16:13:40 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,991,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible