Under Her Skin by Margo Bond Collins

Under Her Skin

by Margo Bond Collins

164615,960 (4)None
ebook (1) fantasy (1) free (1) Kindle (1) paranormal (2) reviewed (1) to-read (5)

*This audiobook was provided by the author, narrator, or publisher at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review courtesy of AudiobookBlast dot com, at my request.

Lindi knows she's a weresnake, but has never meet other shifters until one night when an abused child kills her step-father. While at the hospital with the young girl, Lindi meets Dr. Kade Nevala and feels a strong sensation from him. A mix of danger and attraction. Kade is to kill Lindi's kind, but something about Lindi stops him. More children are found dead, and Lindi who's a child counselor must work with Dr. Kade to find the connection and killer before more children are found dead.

I found Emma was easy to listen to. Her voice clear and delicate. Though, when needed Emma had a hard sound to her voice, working with the emotions that Lindi would be feeling in the moment. In the moments romance shines, Emma has a soft, sensual voice to fill the moment with emotion.

This story is a romance, but also much more than that with murders and kidnappings that are connected to Lindi, and shifters.

I enjoyed listening to Lindi learning about the world she never knew existed, the shifters. But what she learns about her breed of shifters looks bad for her. There is a whole history between the snake shifters and all others. Lindi had no idea and is nothing like those that are similar to her. The story shows this difference and holds Lindi to her nature.

Mmm. Kade. Seeing him through Lindi's eyes is wonderful. Lindi feels the attraction from the beginning but knows there's something dangerous about him. That would be the shifter side of him, what he shifts into and is to do for the clan could be trouble for her. But the attraction is felt on both sides and we see the romantic tension between the two.

There are many children that have been recently found dead and Lindi is determined to help solve what's happened to them, before others are killed. She does try to get help when she's drawn to areas of potential danger, but more concerned for the children she goes anyway. I liked that she tries to get help, but that she wants the children safe so goes ahead anyway.

It's a quick story but full of time with Lindi and Kade to grow the feelings of attraction between them and solve the cases at hand. Also, for Lindi to get into trouble.

Margo draws my attention in her blend of romance and story along with keeping the characters on track for what they are working toward. Of course the story has a HEA though, which is nice to know. ( )
  MelHay | Jan 7, 2017 |
"5 out of 5 stars!! Even though she grew up in a loving home, being a weresnake with adoptive human parents, Lindi has always felt like she was missing something. Nevertheless, she grows up to develop her natural abilities to help out children suffering from violent crimes to be their councilor. During one of her on the job outings, she meets a little girl who is a shifter too who realizes what Lindi truly is, which brings Lindi to find out that there are more shifters out there than just her. Yet, when she gets more involved in the “shifter world” Lindi realizes that who she is, a weresnake, is something that most shifters fear and feel they should be killed immediately. Instead though Lindi travels a rocky path between learning about her new life, assisting the shifter world to find an actual child killer who has access to her own case files, and falling into an unintentional relationship with someone who is suppose to be her “sworn enemy.” Will she be able to embrace a life she may not be ready for? And if she can, will she be able to “win over” the shifter world in order to stay alive for good or at least long enough to help out?

Read more of this review and THREE TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2016/10/idolizing-in-shifter-shield-se... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Oct 17, 2016 |
I have to start with what really bothered me. (No spoilers I promise) In the 3rd chapter Lindi gets handed a note that she is very anxious to read, she even considers pulling over her car to read it right away, she tosses it onto the passenger seat and that's it. Next chapter begins with no mention of the note or its contents. It would be different if she hadn't wanted to read it, if she had crumpled it up and tossed it in her back seat the note wouldn't have mattered but the author made a point of the note and then NEVER refers to it again. In the 4th chapter there are names listed of 5 dead bodies and how they died, but then a paragraph later they are referred to as "the 3 girls" and then a little later as "the 4 victims."
These are very small problems and that is what frustrated me so much that I almost stopped reading by chapter 5! ANYONE proof reading this book could have caught such small details and corrected these tiny inconsistencies but no one DID. How did these not get fixed before publication?
That said, the story itself was different and engaging. The characters were interesting. There were lots of times the situation required a LOT of suspension of disbelief. Lindi does some stupid things but that's okay, hindsight can always explain why she shouldn't have trusted who she did and I'm not super picky about the plot having some holes. I mean, it's entertainment not a thesis. All in all it was a fun read and unusual. Not the typical shifter romance novel. I'm glad I didn't quit reading but I really hope somebody proof reads future books. ( )
  yrizaria | Jul 6, 2016 |
*Copy gifted to me by the Publisher in exchange for an honest, unbiased review* This was the story of a lamia finding her place in the world. Lindi, a very powerful snake shifter, was taught early on to suppress her shifter side to fit in with society. It’s not clear to me how or why, but all of a sudden all the shifters can sense what she is. There’s a reason why lamias are near extinction and Lindi finds herself in danger on top of trying to solve child shifter murders. I found this novel intriguing, suspenseful and unique. A bit of romance is included but certainly not the main focus. Recommended to all shifter and paranormal fans out there. I give a 4 out of 5 rating. ( )
  Stephanie.L.Herman | Jul 5, 2016 |
"It’s been a long time since I read a novel written entirely in the first person POV, and I liked it. I was enraptured with this novel from the beginning..."

She's lucky he's a charmer… Lindi Parker works hard at being human, not an easy task for a snake shifter. She has no desire to search for others like her—until a new case changes everything. When Lindi learns that she she's not the only shapeshifter in the world, she also realizes she might be next on a killer's list. In order to save herself and the abused children she works with, she will have to team up with Dr. Kade Nevala, a member of the shifter tribe responsible for eradicating weresnakes—and the most attractive man Lindi's ever met. Even more terrifying, she’ll need to embrace her serpent side, a choice that has enormous consequences for Lindi, and for everyone around her.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 23 Jun 2016 18:54:45 -0400)

Margo Bond Collins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,467,936 books! | Top bar: Always visible