Black Butler, Vol. 23 by Yana Toboso

Black Butler, Vol. 23

by Yana Toboso

This was a wonderful installment of the Black Butler series. I am so sad I am caught up on this series because now I have to wait so long for a new book! I enjoyed this book a ton and it was so much fun to read.

The Queen contacts Ciel because a strange gathering has been taking place at a music hall. The gathering allows people from all classes and lavishly offer free food and drink. The Queen thinks it is suspicious. When Lizzie’s brother brings her to the gathering she refuses to leave. Now Lizzie’s brother is seeking Ciel’s help getting her to come home.

On top of all that Scotland Yard has had a rash of mysterious corpses appearing and they are also asking for Ciel’s help. Lizzie’s situation (along with the Queen’s request and Scotland Yard’s pleas) give Ciel even more incentive to solve this mystery as quick as possible. This book is just the first part of the mystery and sets things up beautifully.

I continue to enjoy the beautiful and easy-to-follow illustration in this series. I love these characters; they are just so unique and creative. I also really enjoyed the addition of Blavat, the fortuneteller who enters the story (Toboso where do you come up with these wonderfully crazy characters?!).

Overall an outstanding continuation of this series. I loved it to pieces and can’t wait for the next volume to come out. I would recommend the whole series to those who enjoy historical paranormal manga. ( )
  krau0098 | Dec 11, 2016 |
Chapters 108-112. This arc is still getting underway. So far it doesn't look very exciting, but I think that's probably misleading and something crazy is going to happen next. The artwork is still great. That has stayed constant. Still good. ( )
  Kassilem | Jun 16, 2016 |

In the heart of London stands Sphere Music Hall, a venue that enjoys immense popularity amongst the populace. However, the fervour with which its visitors return causes consternation in the mind of Her Majesty, Queen Victoria, who suspects the organisation of cult practices and sends Earl Ciel Phantomhive and his impeccable butler, Sebastian, to infiltrate the hall. They are met with none other than the disgraced erstwhile prefects of Weston College and an otherworldly fortuneteller called Blavat, who takes one look at Sebastian and divines his true nature without faltering...!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 16 Jun 2016 18:51:10 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,935,329 books! | Top bar: Always visible