Hellfire by Jeff Provine

113,689,591 (4.5)None
Recently added byCathyGeha

No tags.

Hellfire by Jeff Provine

Action thrills and chills abound in this well-crafted and entertaining novel.

Having read maybe one Steampunk story in the past I decided to actually research what Steampunk is and found out that it is based on the idea that steam engines run the real or imagined world of the author. Well, that led to looking up genres and I found out that this is definitely Steampunk BUT it also has elements of the supernatural, thriller, romance, suspense, mystery, horror, fantasy and no doubt other genres as well.

Nate Kemp works hard and has done so for many years as a locomotive fireman. One day his life is changed forever while at work stoking the locomotive’s fire. Surviving a horrific crash he eventually finds himself in an asylum where he meets Nurse Ozzie Jacey who proves important in his future. Throw into the story Sheriff Clayton Blake and reporter Tom Husk for the good side and evil Railroad Marshalls along with their sidekick hunchbacks along with others that show up as the story and you have the makings of a great story.

I truly enjoyed this book and believe that it will not be the last Steampunk I read. I would also like to say that I am off to find out if the author has written anything else since this was a delight to read.

Thank you to the author for the copy of his book in exchange for my honest review.

4.5 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Jun 17, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,810,601 books! | Top bar: Always visible