When Lucifer Met Calamity... (Calamity…

When Lucifer Met Calamity... (Calamity Jones) (Volume 1)

by D. Alyce Domain

222,551,640 (4.5)None
Recently added bymagickislife, Lib-books

This book dealt with the very serious issue of sexual harassment at work in a very fun and light hearted way. Why take a chance with karma? Why not get even with your boss right? I found it to be a n interesting read. Lots of action and great characters. ( )
  magickislife | Jun 27, 2016 |
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review, check out the full review here: https://spinesinaline.wordpress.com/

A romance/comedy/general shenanigans mix, I found this book really enjoyable though I'm not typically drawn to romance novels. I actually enjoyed it much more than I expected to. While it is very romance-heavy (and there are incessant comments on the leading man's washboard abs), it's not the main concern of the novel as Lucifer and Calamity are involved in a legal battle with a certain handsy boss. And just a heads up, her name is Calamity for a very, VERY, good reason. While Lucifer, as a lawyer, decides on a legal plan of action, Calamity prefers to follow her own rules to ensure she'll come out on top. Which means things get messy very quickly.

There seemed like a few iffy editing errors that unfortunately made the end of the book very confusing. I don't know if the author decided to change the ending or what, but there is a scene that, based on what happens later (I don't way to give any spoilers here), should not actually exist. So possibly be prepared for confusion as you near the end of the book.

Aside from that, a really great read, quite a few laughs, and definitely a lot of cringe-worthy moments as the characters get into more and more trouble! I'd definitely like to check out more of this author's writing! ( )
  Lib-books | Jun 17, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,474,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible