Always and Forever, Lara Jean-3 by Jenny Han

Always and Forever, Lara Jean-3 (edition 2017)

by Jenny Han (Author)

Member:tjsjohanna
Title:Always and Forever, Lara Jean-3
Authors:Jenny Han (Author)
Info:New York : Simon & Schuster BFYR, [2017]
Collections:Book of the Month, Read but unowned, Youth
Tags:c:fiction, love, growth

Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

This hotel takes that fateful moment when teens choose colleges and try to figure out how to maintain those high school relationships while facing separation. Peter and Lara have the future all planned out... But college acceptances get in the way. I didn't like that I could see their separation almost from the very first moment, but Ms. Han works out their changing emotions in a nuanced way while still giving the reader hope for their favorite couple. There's some lovely stuff going on with Lara's family too and watching her characters deal with grief while still living each other is beautiful. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 21, 2019 |
Sometimes I wonder if am I really giving justice to these books, all things considered with how I rate them individually. Just a wonder. Because after I closed this book, I made a whoosh, no, more like emotional awwwww! I really really like the book, no, I love the book. I think I'll add this trilogy to my fave shelf! And happily, I met the good author. Enough with this, I'll review now or rather reflect from the book.

Lara Jean will teach you one best thing to learn in life.

Sometimes, we thought that we're already so full of ourselves. Laid out all the best plans, giving no room for surprise things to happen. Or maybe, is it just me? Hahahaa! Because many people already went from it and we don't want to get ourselves into that thing again. Waste of time, as I called it. It happened, we knew, saw and witnessed, over and over again. That thing called, teenaged love. Actually it sounds ridiculous coming from me. I am a fan and believer that teenaged love ends pretty quick without giving a much thought. But then, Lara Jean is the character that gets into my skin. Maybe, I don't know much of it or haven't experienced it that's why i strongly opposed it. Or maybe, I'm just being ridiculous trying to be an adult when practically I have all the time to hop on my present.

Lara jean taught me that everyone has their own time frame, be it with careers or love. But as of the moment we only have the present to face. Future is too far to spend time lavishly. Have courage and take this chance to believe in everything without considering much of the future, and eventually you can figure it out when you are in that future. Cliché things are cliché for a reason. But let's not forget to take things presently, and be the person who we are now. (don't try hard to be an adult when you're just 20, look at me, I think I waste all my time compromising to the future)

Lara Jean said you'll get a hang of things too ;) ( )
  joyishhh | Feb 24, 2019 |
Actual rating: maybe 2.5⭐

I HATED THIS BOOK.
Okay that's a bit extreme, I didn't exactly HATE HATE this book, but I really didn't like it, even though I love the characters.

This was literally the longest epilogue ever!

Like, wth? Nothing ever really happens in this book except for Lara Jean choosing a uni and her father getting married.

I swear this felt like I was reading a teenage girl's diary rather than an actual book.
I can't even say I was disappointed because this book didn't have any potential to begin with!!!!

Bloody hell, this was the most useless book I've ever read!!

The only thing that kinda happens in this book and that looks like an actual story arcs takes place in the last 2 or 3 chapters, and before you even know it, it's over.

If the author wanted to write about Peter K and Lara Jean so badly, it would've been better if she let the book start off in those last few weeks of school then go from there, instead of writing a book about LJ baking and Peter eating the food she makes!!!
It would've been far more interesting to see how their relationship goes as they grow up or something. But nope, we just get the same thing happening every other page.

I am so mad at this book that I tried to go to sleep when I finished it (at 4 am mind you) but I couldn't so I had to go back and write a little rant. ( )
  Ray_ | Feb 18, 2019 |
Jest to trzecia i ostatnia część „Do wszystkich chłopców, których kochałam”. Lara Jean jest w klasie maturalnej i stoi przed trudnym wyborem uczelni. Poza tym boryka się z jeszcze jednym problemem, a mianowicie swoim chłopakiem. Mama sióstr Song zawsze powtarzała, żeby jej córki nie szły na studia pozostając w związku. Jak już wiemy z pierwszej części, starsza siostra Margot poszła za jej radą. Lara Jean czuje presję, tym bardziej, że mama jej chłopaka również sugeruje, że nastolatkowie powinni się rozstać i skupić na nauce tak jak należy. Nasza bohaterka jest rozdarta między głosem serca i rozsądku, a jej ostateczna decyzja pozostaje nieznana aż do ostatnich stron.

Autorka jak zwykle nie rozczarowuje. Mimo, iż w wielu kwestiach nie zgadzałam się z bohaterami i na pewno postąpiłabym inaczej niż oni to uwielbiam tą serię! ( )
  gosiakula | Jan 2, 2019 |
I like this book just as much as, possibly more than, book number one in this series.
In the first book, Lara Jean and Peter were pretending to date for most of the book.
In the second book, they were a couple but it seemed like they were fighting all the time. Lots of drama for them in book two.
This book felt like the first one where Lara Jean and Peter have a real, solid relationship. Peter is less jealous this time and Lara Jean is more comfortable in their relationship. We even get the charming Peter back again. His promposal was adorable. And the fact that he wanted to learn to braid Lara Jean’s hair because her sister wouldn’t be able to? I mean, seriously, how sweet is that?

So, I enjoyed this book significantly more than the second book. I’d probably call this 3.5 stars.

Of course the drama does find Lara Jean and Peter. Just as they’ve gotten to such a good place in their relationship, just as they are making big plans for going to college together, the other shoe drops. Lara Jean does not get into the same college.
Suddenly they have to face an issue that a lot of high school couples would, can they find a way to stay together if their schools are four hours apart?

It makes you glad to not be in high school anymore.
Ironically, I say this as someone who spent years in a long distance relationship with my husband before we married.
But an 18 year old, who couldn’t have a car on campus, and who had friends and family saying they should break up...well, that sounds like no fun.

I know this is supposed to be the last book in the series but if the author chose to write one more, wouldn’t it be nice to revisit Lara Jean and Peter as they graduate college? I’d be up for that.
  Mishale1 | Dec 29, 2018 |
For my dear readers. This one's for you.

While helping plan her father's wedding, senior Lara Jean struggles with choosing a college and questions how graduation is going to change her relationship with her boyfriend Peter.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,916,232 books! | Top bar: Always visible