The Sheriffs of Savage Wells (A Proper…

The Sheriffs of Savage Wells (A Proper Romance)

by Sarah M. Eden

111820,536 (4)None

This is a proper romance which means no sex, no blood and gore and a HEA. There is no cliffhanger and I’m hoping like crazy it will become a series.

As I was walking through BEA this spring, this cover caught my attention. At the time, I didn’t know what “proper” romance meant. All it means is that it’s not erotica nor laced with religious connotations. I talked to the publisher and though they were plugging “proper” romances, they weren’t plugging any book in particular. While the cover attracted me to this book, the informative sell is what attracted me to Shadow Mountain.

This story was very easy reading romance. If you were looking for something to settle in with and feel good about, this is what you should pick up.

Paisley wants to help people and the only thing she feels she’s good at is being a lawman. She’s quite brilliant at it but as we all know, that time in the wild west was not known for giving women a chance at careers that did not include wife and mother. It also was not a time that men were nearly so open minded about women having a career.

This incredible story led me through Paisley’s trials and tribulations and finally, she got credit for all her hard work. I know I shouldn’t look for credit, but it’s always nice to see when someone works so hard at something and gets noticed for it.

I enjoyed this book. It was one of those that I picked up and had a very hard time putting it down. It wasn’t so much action and adventure, it was more like I found a kindred soul in Paisley Bell. ( )
  NellOneBookTwo | Oct 6, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,918,951 books! | Top bar: Always visible