Frankenstein: A Kaplan SAT Score-Raising…

Frankenstein: A Kaplan SAT Score-Raising Classic

by Mary Shelley

792152,477 (3)None

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how on earth this book could be considered boring. I had to read it in school and I finished it before the rest of my class and then I went and bought my own copy. She clearly shows the character's pain that he felt with playing God. It tore him apart the fact that he created this poor creature and he didn't consider how it would survive, if it needed companionship, and especially how society would accept him. Frankenstein's ambition for knowledge ruined his life when he created the monster, and he was made to suffer when he lost his cousin. For me, these elements cannot be considered boring or a let down. ( )
  katy89williams | Jan 3, 2010 |
I found this book to be a little boring and extremely predictable. This is obviously because of our culture and knowledge of Frankenstein and not the books fault whatsoever. Considering it was the first true story of Frankenstein, I consider it a good classic. I also love that it came from a woman as a competition amongst a few of her friends.
The story is exactly what you expect it to be, very sad and long and a little weird. ( )
  truncoxx | Aug 9, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 074325578X, Mass Market Paperback)

Makes scoring higher so easy, it's scary!

Millions of readers have enjoyed the chilling tale of Frankenstein for its dark and gripping plot. But did you know that it's also packed with words you need to know for the SAT?

Learning words by reading them in context is the most effective way to expand your vocabulary, and this book can help you do just that! This edition of Frankenstein includes:

• 629 SAT vocabulary words highlighted throughout the text

• Definitions for each highlighted word on the facing page

• A word pronunciation guide

• Plus a special glossary that defines over 100 additional challenging vocabulary words

• It's a pain-free way to build your vocabulary -- and to score higher on the test!

World Leader in Test Prep and Admissions
Kaplan has been the world leader in test preparation for more than 60 years, helping more than 3 million students achieve their educational and career goals. With 185 centers and more than 1,200 classroom locations throughout the U.S. and abroad, Kaplan provides a full range of services, including test prep courses, admissions consulting, programs for international students, professional licensing preparation, and more.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 17 Jun 2016 21:01:35 -0400)

A monster assembled by a scientist from parts of dead bodies develops a mind of his own as he learns to loathe himself and hate his creator.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,373,420 books! | Top bar: Always visible