The House Fell on Her Head by Kate Mitchell

The House Fell on Her Head

by Kate Mitchell

212,551,640 (5)None
Recently added byKiwimrsmac, nicx27

I had difficulty putting this book down. Set in the modern day, but darts back and forth to the start of WWII in England. There are solidly built characters who you cheer for, and then there are the characters who are so vile, but so well written, that you just have to keep reading to figure out what happens to them, in the hope that karma gets them.
I honestly had no idea what was going to happen as the story progressed. There was almost an Agatha Christiesque feel to the story, with sub plots darting in and out, casting hints about possible outcomes and plot lines.
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. I loved every page. I hoped for a different outcome for some of the characters, but that was the strength of the author, making you feel so strongly for the characters, that you cared about their lives and wanted them to be happy!!
The characters run the gamut from children enjoying the excitement of the war, to adults who fought in the war before. Clever police. Jealous girlfriends. Authoritarian mothers, and nosy neighbours. Best friends, and family.
Read it! ( )
  Kiwimrsmac | Nov 29, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,512,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible