Bound by Benedict Jacka

Wow! I love that the Alex Verus series is always filled with action and dire situations. Bound starts right where the previous book, Burned, left off and I do so enjoy the title that has been chosen for this book. Alex is absolutely bound by circumstances in this book and there is no wiggle room for the choices he must make. Having already lost everything, there is very little that Alex has left to lose, except his friends. It is this threat, the promise of death to everyone he cares for, that moves this story along.

Never before has Alex Verus been in such a position that he truly has to submit himself to the will of his enemies and I am not talking about just for the moment until he comes up with a plan. He is living out a true nightmare and Anne has been dragged along as well. This story is quite dark and adds a whole new complexity to this series. There are circumstances encountered that can never be undone and monumental changes in Alex and the other characters of this series.

Unlike the previous books, the time period of this novel is quite spread out. The importance of this time spread is to allow events to unfurl as there are some long-term plans that come into play. There were no quick solutions but the plot is one to keep you on the edge of your seat! This story is filled with misdirection and there are no situations that are pleasant.

There are portions of this story that are spent in the Hollows and the Elsewhere. Even more exciting is that Alex learns a new skill in this book. It brings the possibilities for the story development to the next level. Not only that, Anne’s story in this book will make you shudder and it really adds impact to the ending. I need the next book now because I just have to know what happens next. Yes, the ending was a cliff-hanger and I am dying for the next installment. Another fantastic addition to this series and you need to read this story!

This review is based on a complimentary book I received from NetGalley. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Mar 29, 2017 |
Walking through Richards mansion felt like broken glass under my skin.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,019,615 books! | Top bar: Always visible