Any Place I Hang My Hat: A Novel by Susan…

Any Place I Hang My Hat: A Novel (original 2004; edition 2006)

by Susan Isaacs

Member:laraf123
Title:Any Place I Hang My Hat: A Novel
Authors:Susan Isaacs
Info:Scribner (2006), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 382 pages
Collections:Untitled collection, Wishlist

Any Place I Hang My Hat by Susan Isaacs (2004)

A great heroine: witty, smart, tough, sweet, real. It’s a love story, and also a story about rediscovering one’s roots. The plot isn’t real original, but the character is definitely fun to hang out with. It’s worth the time, a good light read. ( )
  astrologerjenny | Apr 25, 2013 |
I used to really like Susan Isaacs but I find her latest books boring, dull, flat and I don't like characters. ( )
  gsusie4 | Feb 29, 2012 |
Okay, so it's chick lit -- one of my first and few forays into this genre. But I found Amy's wisecracks (though she comes across as annoyingly whiny at times) and those of her best friend enjoyable. I really got caught up in the plot of the eccentric broken family, with the pieces available - dad Chickie, his mom, and his sister - wacky yet lovable, and the missing pieces -- the mother who abandoned her found to be a moral pygmy and the coolish maternal grandmother remarkably sympatico. Overall, I think the book was more enjoyable to listen to than it would have been to read it. ( )
  MarthaHuntley | Jan 31, 2009 |
Ok book. Woman with a very difficult childhood, abondoned by her mother when a baby. Her father in prison, who is raised by a klepto grandma. She ends up being very smart, gets schlorships to private schools and then harvard. How she becomes a journalist for a large magazine and then looks for her mother. her best friend who is rich, and a boyfriend she breaks up with. But she gets back after she finally realizes what she wants, and seeks is a family. But not her mother. A family of her own. Slow at times,with lots of political crap she writes about.
5/29/07 ( )
  cindyloumn | Jun 8, 2008 |
Don't regret reading it. I expected more than was really there, though it was uplifting at times. ( )
  ysmng | Jan 13, 2008 |

Susan Isaacsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Werner, HoniCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743463137, Mass Market Paperback)

Amy was barely born with a spoon in her mouth let alone a silver one. Her mother abandoned her before her first birthday and her father, a small-time crook, was in jail more time than he was out. Raised by her flaky and slightly felonious grandmother, Amy worked hard and managed to get scholarships to boarding school, then Harvard, then the Columbia School of Journalism. But now -- a few years into her stint as a reporter for a prestigious magazine -- she doesn't know who she is or how to connect with the world. Seeking answers, she sets out to find the mother she never knew...and maybe a place to belong.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:57 -0400)

Amy Lincoln lauches a journalism career and meets a student who claims to be the illegitimate son of the presidential candidate.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,157,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible