Anything Can Happen by George Papashvily

Anything Can Happen (1945)

by George Papashvily, Helen Papashvily

This is the story of George Papashvily, a Georgian immigrant to the United States. His story begins at Ellis Island and continues through one experience after another. The story is told with a sense of humor as Mr. Papashvily discovers that America may not exactly be the land flowing with milk and honey. This is a fun, short read. ( )
  GeorgiaDawn | Feb 14, 2010 |
Russian, Georgia immigrant in the free USA from Ellis Island
written by wife Helen as narrated by George. Funny stories. ( )
  Wmt477 | Nov 2, 2008 |
Written in broken English, patois, or "piquant broken English" per the Philadelphia Enquirer. I picked up this old classic, Fortieth Anniversary Edition and it was a cute read. ( )
  ague | Jan 24, 2008 |
One of my all-time favorite books. I love this tale. My husband and I have read it aloud together and laughed so hard we cried. The story is a touching one of the hopes and dreams which many carried with them when they came to America and the hard reality they found when they arrived. Told with a light touch, it shows the determination to succeed which helped Mr. Papashvily thrive here. ( )
  MrsLee | Nov 15, 2007 |

George Papashvilyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Papashvily, Helenmain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,075,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible