Bryant's Gap by Michael E. Burge

by Michael E. Burge

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byfeeroberts64

No tags.

I won this book in a giveaway on a reading blog and this is my honest review. Bryant's Gap by Michael E. Burge is a stand alone mystery. I don't usually read mysteries, but I was intrigued by Michael's writing style. The characters pulled me in as they were so real to life. I'm impressed with the vivid descriptions, as if I were there in 1947 postwar Chicago. This is definitely one of the best book that I have read this year. ( )
  feeroberts64 | Aug 5, 2016 |

BRYANT’S GAP

In 1947 postwar Chicago, mob related violence is commonplace. Nothing stands in the way of the “Outfit” when it comes to making money; a body here or there, who really cares as long as everyone’s pockets are lined, but when a man is found dead in a small Illinois town—people take notice.

Bargetown’s Chief of Police Bert Thatcher looks to a seasoned and astute railroad detective, Grady Colston, for help in solving the case. Fate has brought them together, but they soon realize just how much they have in common. A tight bond develops between the two men as they strive to uncover the identity of the man found dead on the railroad tracks—his right arm severed. As the investigation unfolds, surprising details of the man’s past come to light, and the circumstances of his death pose a major dilemma for Grady and Bert.

From the banks of the Wabash River to a beach in the South Pacific, BRYANT’S GAP is peppered with folksy humor and nostalgic references that whisk the reader away to a simpler time—when good and evil stood on opposite sides of the street and relationships had real meaning.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 19 Jun 2016 12:24:23 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,980,498 books! | Top bar: Always visible