Sleuthing for a Living (Mackenzie &…

Sleuthing for a Living (Mackenzie & Mackenzie PI Mysteries) (Volume 1)

by Jennifer L. Hart

This one has it all: broke semiskilled single mom with a mother a lot like Cruella deVille, hot cop, ex boyfriend, mentoring uncle (even though he's dead), several murders. Sure, there are a few inconsistencies and a wishful thinking, but IT'S FICTION.
Nice plot management and twists, a real snarkfest, and classic redheaded behavior (cut the growling, I was born a redhead and have the freckles to prove it!).
Nice touch of having supposed pearls of wisdom from Uncle Al's book on sleuthing for a living at the beginning of each chapter. Certainly leaves this reader panting for the next in series.
Oh, and no erotica (for those who care). ( )
  jetangen4571 | Jun 30, 2016 |
Perhaps my favorite book yet from Jennifer Hart. Which is saying something as I have liked them all.
This is the first of a new series about an aspiring P.I. and somewhat struggling mom. Jennifer's books are always full of interesting characters and conflicted complex heroines. This though is perhaps the best.
Written with a light hand and a sharp sense of humor you have to love Mackenzie and her daughter Mackenzie. I loved her explanation about why she and her daughter had the same name. I won't spoil it for but, get ready for a good laugh when you get to it.
I have to believe that Jennifer is a keen observer of people as I see bits and pieces of people I have known in her characters. Well written, well edited and just plain fun. If you like your mysteries with a dose of humor then Jennifer and her quirky characters will definitely fill the bill. The only problem I have with this book is now I have to wait until the next one to see what new trouble Mackenzie get's into. ( )
  bcurran54 | Jun 19, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,943,256 books! | Top bar: Always visible