Mercy by T. Fox Dunham
113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byVeronica.Sparrow

No tags.

This horror novel was different than any other horror novel I have read and I found it surprisingly refreshing. William Saint is dying from cancer and is brought to Mercy Hospital against his wishes. There he finds not only is he is dealing with demons from his past but a very real horror that has changed the medical staff and the hospital itself. Now William is fighting not only the visions from his past but a very real evil that wants to use him to gain access to our world.
I really liked this novel. I found it to be very different from anything I have read before and also very unsettling at times. All in all, I didn't want to put the book down (but had to as I do have a non book life lol) and didn't want the story to end. It is very well written, informative, and the author also has a talent with keeping a growing sense of unease and suspense. Highly recommended. ( )
  Veronica.Sparrow | Jun 19, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 194025020X, Paperback)

FANGORIA gives MERCY 3.5/4 Skulls - "Dunham has channeled his many brushes with the other side into the exquisitely rendered, lyrical supernatural hospital thriller MERCY."

“Part medical horror, part supernatural suspense, MERCY is a hard-hitting fever dream of a novel. I enjoyed the hell out of it!” ~ Tim Waggoner, author of The Way of All Flesh and Eat The Night

“Pain and poetry flow in equal measure through these pages. Dunham's prose strikes deep and hits all the right notes. MERCY is unforgettably vivid.” ~ David Dunwoody, author of Hell Walks and The 3 Egos

William Saint is dying of cancer. On most days death seems like a humane alternative to the treatment. Stricken with fever, William is rushed to Mercy—notorious as a place to send the sickest of the poor and uninsured to be forgotten—and finds the hospital in even worse condition than his previous visit. The grounds are unkempt, the foundation is cracking, and like the wild mushrooms sprouting from fissures of decay around it, something is growing inside the hospital. Something dark. It’s feeding on the sickness and sustaining itself on the staff, changing them. And now it wants Willie.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 19 Jun 2016 22:03:13 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,199,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible