Start Something New

Start Something New

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

A Hearts On Fire Review

FOUR STARS--J. Rocci's super short story, "Start Something New" from the Torquere Charity Sip Blitz series, is about a divorced, bisexual soldier with a new puppy looking to start something new with his cute gay neighbor, a civilian Army security guard with his own dog too.

The story is not long but for what is giving the promising start of a new relationship- it is pretty good. The divorced Matt Ridley has not had a date in years, joined his neighborhood HOA and meets a single hottie named Brett.

Ridley has been off his game for awhile so when Brett invites him over to discuss killer garden gnomes (super funny conversation) and have a couple of fancy beers...things progress into a steamy little moment. '

The story ends with a strong HFN, possible HEA vibe - I mean it is the start of a relationship and only 24 pages. The fact that the men shared some common ground (military background, still young, single, pet owners) was a nice touch. It did not get too cutesy.

Plus: The dirty talk...whoa, totally unexpected. But hotness factor approved!

Minus: I'm not a fan of a lot of abbreviations in stories. Because unless you're familiar with all the shorthand, it just RCFTN-ASPLM or (really confusing for the non-abbreviation savvy people like me). So after the third Army(?) abbreviated mention I didn't really follow what the narrator was describing but I was able to follow the story.

I wished this story was longer. It had promise to be a longer length.

Basically, no angst, sweet but not sappy, great dialogue, steamy scene (yes just one) and good writing equals a great little story and me certainly checking out more from this author." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,326,519 books! | Top bar: Always visible