The Reluctant Rent Boy

The Reluctant Rent Boy

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

You ever get a song stuck in your head once reading a book? No? Well I do sometimes. It's the Pretty Woman song. You know...

It must've been love, but it's over noooooow, it must've been good but I lost it some how..."

You know that song. You don't know the song, go get Pretty Woman with Julia Roberts and bone up on a masterpiece.

Why am I discussing this and singing to you?

Because this book is basically the gay version of Pretty Woman.

Make Julia a twenty year old twink rent boy, Kit is a HIV former rent boy named Hunter who is also Bastian's (Twink Rent Boy) best friend and RichardGere(yes you read right, I refer to RichardGere as one word and call him by his name in any movie he acts in by his name. I don't care to learn his character names, it's always RichardGere)is a gay hematology doctor with blond hair and named Alistair.

The story had potential. I am a sucker for rent boy stories. This one was in need of editing but at its core, is a good enough story. There are word confusion errors and time jump weirdness. But I still liked the story.

Also for the title, Bastian was not that reluctant. He was depressed at one point but he still did his job even when there was no need for him to be a martyr. So he can't say he only sold his ass to support his friend.

I did enjoy meeting Bastian's clients through his POV , quite an interesting list - a collared sub, shy librarian, an inexperienced teen, an incestuous rapist, just to name a few.

So mushy tears and instalove dreams later, the story ends with twink Julia and gay doctor RichardGere making a go for a relationship. Because you know, they love each other after a kiss already.

Improbable? Highly.

But whatever, yo, it's fiction. So was Pretty Woman and that shit was great.

This story = 's alright.

P.S. Many thanks to my studly Secret Santa for gifting this to me. *wink wink* We can pretend I don't know who gave this to me. Our secret, Stud." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,154,112 books! | Top bar: Always visible