The Deputy and the Rock Star

The Deputy and the Rock Star

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

A Hearts On Fire Review

THREE & A HALF STARS--Karly Germain's debut story, "The Deputy and the Rock Star" is a quick little number featuring love between a straightlaced mostly straight deputy and a free loving, tattooed, bisexual rock star. Though this story is part of Evernight Publishing, Romance on the Go series, it packed an slightly above average punch. Therefore instalove should be expected.

Somehow, this instalove was palatable. Believable? *gives the side-eye* For the context of the story, I'll point to yes. I would read more from this author. For the length of the story, it wasn't bad and gave a satisfiable HEA ending.

Mitchell has only had one gay experience in his teens and is now almost forty, so his internal struggles for the mutual attraction he and Drago share was plausible. And Drago was a rocker without trying too hard, which what I usually look for when reading romances featuring musicians as main characters. Mitchell and Drago, when heating up the sheets, left me wanting more. Those two were about 7-7.5 out of 10 in the hotness factor.

There were brief bouts of MANTEARS. The ending while a HEA, I was surprised with Mitchell's reaction and I wished this 'out-for-you' story was longer. It had enough legs to make for a steamy little novella.

Fun little sexy nugget with an opposite attracts feel. I'd check this author's work out again in the future." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,535,639 books! | Top bar: Always visible