Davin's Guard

Davin's Guard

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

The prompt picture?

Memorable and hoT (yes with a capital T) that prompt picture.

Davin's Guard" is a quick read. It's about a professional American football player being threatened by a crazy stalker. His team hires a professional bodyguard to protect him 24/7 until the stalker is caught. Did I mention the football player is in the closet and practically a butt virgin?

*wiggles eyebrows*

Favorite thing: No stereotypical characters. I'm not a fan of IR done wrong. I have called out a couple of reads when this is done with foolish characters and/or stereotypical names *cough*Tyrone*cough*. Thankfully this author wrote multicultural right and how I like it. Oh and verse! I love versatile pairings!

Didn't care for as much: While I love this theme (bodyguard/client falling for one another), the length works against the story reaching its full potential(the insta-love added to this). The characters were decent but everything felt so rushed. I wished it was longer, give the sense of suspense room to grow naturally. And Davin, he talked a little too much. When he explained what happened with his ex, it was a LOT. Did he even stop for a breath?

Readable? Yep.

Would I read from the author again? Sure.

Thanks to the author for the contribution." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,491,765 books! | Top bar: Always visible