Ballet Nights

Ballet Nights

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

A Hearts On Fire Review

TWO & A HALF STARS--H. Lewis-Foster's "Ballet Nights" is a short story with a light feel. A player of sorts, Aaron accompanies a friend to a ballet performance and he falls in lust over a well endowed French ballet performer, Frank aka Francois. (I was going to call out the non-French sounding Frank as a name but luckily it was a nickname. I'm sure a man named Frank in France just went 'sacre bleu'!)

So the sort-of-player meets famous ballet player. Is it instant pants off tango after meeting for the first time? NO! Surprised, right? The ballet performer plays hard to get. Weeks later, make out sessions had, they finally get down to business and it's not graphic at all. It was a little 'meh' with a dose of 'okay that's sweet'.

The read was mostly an easy one. The setting was supposed to be in NY but as a resident New Yorker, I must admit, it didn't read as it was a story set here. A phrase here or there read British not American so it threw me off from the pacing. And since we're talking about pacing, the story came across rushed so the epic love these two men felt for each other...I kind of bought. I was not completely sold.

It's not a bad story. There were more elements I responded positively to than negatively. And the elements I did like I was just okay with, hence the rating. The player didn't read like a true man whore. The dancer was not as dancer-ly? *shrug*

Looking for something light and minimally fluffy? It's about an hour of your time." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,535,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible