A Man for Michael

A Man for Michael

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

I'm so unclear on how to begin to rate this one. On one hand I really enjoyed certain parts and on the other...my eyes were on a constant upward rolls.

A story about an abused slave/cage fighter (Cory Chow) and his ex-cage fighter lover (Michael)? Sounds awesome to me. Sign me up!

Let's get the parts that niggled me first! The weird cockney dialect the author chose to use for all of the Brits in the story? 'Ello, Guv'nor" or "Better than bangers and mash, I say".

Err...no. Stop. The off putting affectations when Chow and Benson spoke...when supposedly Chow had learned from the upper crust of Britian and his dialect matched Benson's. So why was he speaking with weird cockney too? It might be my issue but I found it annoying every time Chow compared his instalove for Mike as better than "bangers and mash".

And was Cory supposed to be simple minded? It never really came across as so just brain washed but in the beginning he's introduced as having to remind himself what his name and birthday was so he wouldn't forget.

Then the instalove between Michael and Cory...it was much too soon.

But I believe they will have a HEA. And did I mention the plentiful sex scenes were hot?

Plus the sex slave bit? Hotness.

So there's a bad guy(Benson) he's not a good as bangers and mash. LOL He's Cory's "master" and his ending was not as satisfying as I wanted it to be. The resolution to getting rid of him seemed rushed.

So what should I weigh more the bad cockney or hot sex?

Hmmm...the sex wins over slightly. TWO & A HALF STARS" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,835,117 books! | Top bar: Always visible