Rule

Rule

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

WARNING: This story has typos. A lot. And if you're a stickler, you might not be too enthused. Oh and there's the age and years past discrepancy, Shaw supposedly met the Archer family at 13 and has known them for eight years and in the book, at present time, Shaw is 19 going on 20. Do we see the issue with the math? Yes? Okay then.

There are plenty of reviews commenting on the editing needs of this story. However, this is one of the stories where all that shit...it can actually take a back burner. And I'm letting this slide-for the most part. I mean pulling someone's skin taunt, it irked me a little reading it the second time. But I'm going to let it go.

Why?

Read my words: The story is that good. I'm only taking away 1/2 star, it's a 4.5 winner.

So.

Rule. (Granted Rule doesn't smoke but he's tatted up the wazoo so this pic is closer to how I envisioned than the cover)

Hmm...

He's everything I love when reading a hero, he's a bad boy, doesn't mind scrapping when the time calls, tattooed, pierced! (Apadrayva & Jacob's Ladder heaven - I was in raptures) and is crazy about his girl. But he's damaged and angsty and agro and just...delicious. And one owner of an ironic name albeit cool name. Rule. *giggles* He doesn't follow them, he makes them and breaks them!

*middle fingers to the world* Don't you just love it?

And Shaw? Also a possessor of a cool name. (As a matter of fact, this author gets kudos for the name choices - the Archer boys do sound like Street Fighter characters - Rome, Rule and Remy- but it's all good)She's not annoying!!! And not a TSTL heroine.

It's a joyous state of affairs when you have to not call out the heroine for being a whiny, snot nosed wimp who couldn't think for herself. Shaw has a brain. But more importantly she used it. (Alright there were some sketchy moments but knowing her background of trying to have her parents' approval I can understand her warped decisions) But whatever man, I'm over looking the minor niggle of doubt, she's pretty solid and not that bad when I recall my TSTL Hall of Fame.

There's a crazy ex-stalker, excellent secondary characters with possible lead stories in the future(I hope), angsty family drama and secrets revealed, dark and sad themes on family neglect/grief/ acceptance and within all of that...a damn love story.

Was it an epic love story?

Nope.

But pretty close.

What sold me was the more realistic approach Shaw and Rule had to there issues. They had to put in work to have their happy ending. And I appreciate stories like that.

I'm anxious for the next in the series (though I am a bit put out it's Jet and not Rome but as long as Rome gets a story, I'm gravy baby)

This story continued my excellent mood, I'm like in a unicorn shitting rainbows, happy good mood!!

FOUR & A HALF STARS

So..." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,629,066 books! | Top bar: Always visible