Fight With Me

Fight With Me

113,689,591 (2)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

I love erotic contemporary especially when they are well written and the characters can resonate with you after finishing for days on end...Oh I enjoy those.

And in [b:Fight With Me|16090636|Fight With Me (With Me in Seattle, #2)|Kristen Proby|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1355896180s/16090636.jpg|21894970], the blurb promised me some good times. An ex-UFC fighter that's tattooed and the owner of a remarkable Apadravya (I have an affinity for them) And the heroine? She's working with the hero but their job" (I'll get to my skepticism of the "job" later) has a no fraternization policy. Oh! And the heroine is a former Playboy centerfold/bunny with a potty mouth. (I do love dirty mouths too.)

This seemed like a recipe for my delight, it really did. And the prologue jumped right into action and it was hot.

Then...

Chapter 1 happened...

And then the rest of the chapters pretty much were rinse, wash and repeat of the same basic sex scene, sprinkle the same vapid words here and there.

The reason why I couldn't connect? The short answer is the main characters were too perfect and one dimensional. The heroine, Julianne, is a centerfold, is supposedly smart (though none of her actions backed up that ludicrous claim - you can't hide her from being TSTL just by saying she's intelligent when every man in her life thinks for her. Shame on you), is the best ass kicker, curses like a fourth rate sailor (her words du jour: fuck and shit - no originality), is sporty - she can do the most exercises you've ever thought of seeing, name drops designer wear like it's going out of style (news flash: it is), is so beautiful (I know it's been beaten down my throat by Jules and Nate alike that I'm gagging her beauty), and is just the best at everything.

If you don't get it yet...

Just insert Jules' face.

Unfortunately, I am not on the two person team of #TeamJules (Jules is the president and founder, Nate being the vice president)

(Flaws are okay, there's no way someone could be so perfect. I mean the friend gives birth and her body comes back to being perfect. And the newborn baby, doesn't make a peep- she's perfect too. Gag)

I'm not going to break down the issues with the silly conflicts because the only person who fell for them was Jules, the resident genius. And I'm sorry but the heroine posed for Playboy THREE TIMES...so why is she worried about fraternizing with her boss? Shouldn't she worry about her company getting their hands on her pics? No. I know she's too smart for that. And her job? What was it exactly?

Who cares?

Nate, the boss of their "job" he was okay...I kind of thought he was a dick and not the good one. (His Apa couldn't save him, sadly.)

His and Jules' dialogue? Meh. It was a lot of the same foolish mumblings. "In. Me. Now" or "You're so tight" or "Fuck" or "Oh"

Also I think the first POV from Jules for the entire story kind of killed any hope of me liking it. When the epilogue from Nate's POV came along, it was too little too late. I love first POV stories but this one was just bleh. It was pretty much the same crap over and over. And if this "intelligent" creature couldn't get it, why should I try?

Words I won't mind reading for awhile:Fuck, you're so tight, baby, holy shit and oh! If you adore those words...this story will be a match made in heaven because it's saturated with them.

So was this story close to being realistic for me?

Will I read more from this author? Mmm...it's a safe bet on probably not in the next couple of months...years...decades.

We'll see if I'm in a masochistic mood in the future, then...maybe?

ETA: Nope, I am not going to give this series another try." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,863,276 books! | Top bar: Always visible