Special Kind of Woman

Special Kind of Woman

113,689,591 (1)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

Do you know the song by Smokey Robinson & The Miracles, The Tears of a Clown"?

No? You should definitely Youtube that one if you don't. It's an awesome song and my favorite by him actually. I know the song has deeper meaning but the title is very fitting for "Special Kind of Woman" because there were unnecessary tears by the main *cough*clowns, I mean, fools *cough* sorry, characters.

I've been disappointed time and time again by the lack of backbone authors give their BBW heroines, so just count this story as another one of the many.

Let me start off with the good things about this book...hmm...let's see...the cover's hot? And the author didn't have as many typos as I expected with this caliber of story. I was transported to a bad place when reading this story from the outdated character dialogue (if any guy spoke like that to me, I'm closing legs and moving myself very, very far away), the lack of self esteem the female characters had (there's a pig party where a woman has been attending for five years, knew about being chosen to attend because she's an office 'pig' but seemed happy to attend because I guess it got her out of the house - there's no clear reason as to why she thought it was cool to be thought of as homely), the crying from both the heroine...and the hero...I can't review this one anymore because it pissed me off.

Collin & Regina, the resident idiot lovebirds deserve each other.

I do not recommend this to anyone because it's an equivalent to literary pig slop.

I'm going to go enjoy a cup of tea, listen to "The Tears of a Clown" and try to see if I can choose a book that won't disappoint.

*sigh*

ONE STAR - It's as low as I can go." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,534,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible