Sagittarius Blues

113,689,591 (2)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

A Hearts On Fire Review

*sigh*

This story was difficult for me to rate. It had some good parts, okay parts and boring parts. This is my first time reading Ms. Strauss who has good ideas in this one and I would try something else by her in the future. The immediate future? No.

This story is about a 20 year old man/boy, Ryan who is a Sagittarius and has the blues. He's in love/lust with his best friend, Chad who used him to rub one out a few times but is not gay. (Chad's a jerk, IMO) Chad's so not gay, he's still college and proposed to his 19 year old girlfriend, so take that!

Ryan takes out his life woes, his job, his frustrations and his Sagittarius depression on his webcam.(apparently, it's a struggle for being a "late" baby aka being born in December - sorry can't relate so I'll leave other Sags and Capricorns to lament) The author spent a little too much time on explaining how Sagittarius' view the world. It became too much and distracted from the main point of the story...a romance.

Ryan falls for a customer from his job. Who's super ancient at 28 years old? Holy #$%! I was 28 this year and I wasn't grandfather time, but apparently that is not the case for Ryan's love interest, Greg.

Greg and Ryan? There an okay couple, I guess. The story dragged especially after they got together that I did not really care after awhile. And that issue hurt this story, it tried to cover too many tangents, some serious (GLBT rights), some not too serious(DIY films).

Ryan tries to be mature, Greg tries to advise him to be an adult and psychoanalyzes Ryan, they sort of hide their relationship then Ryan is going sledding with friends.

*shrug*

Maybe since I'm ancient and not a Sagittarius.

What could have made this story better? Losing the filler, sticking to the simple story line, better transitioning between scenes (I had to re-read a number of times to understand how characters switched locations), etc.

Is is a horrible book? Nah.

After reading this, I'm left with a mix of slight frustration, disappointment, curiosity about "Sagittarius Blues" and shoulder shrugs - TWO & A HALF STARS" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,675,351 books! | Top bar: Always visible