Quick to the Hunt

Quick to the Hunt

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

Cameron Dane!! She's done it again!

This time angsty, dark and troubled - a bubbling cesspool of hurt, pain and strife- oh, how I loved this story.

And then we still get a HEA.

Hunter is back from war, discharged and with a major chip on his shoulder, PTSD up the wazoo and a world of hurt he inflicts on his person. He's not fit to be around people. So are you wondering how in the hell is he the star of a romance?

That's why I applaud Cameron Dane because she really made it work. Alex Quick is dealing with his own issues- he's from a broken home, his mentor is on death's door and he's the new rich guy trying to bring change into the town of Quinten, Montana.

When these two men finally meet, the sexual tension was palpable. The way Hunter with his personal demons had to hurt himself just to deal with his feelings for Alex?

I really wasn't. But these two belong together, no matter if they were sucked into a pain ridden vortex and it at first felt as if there were just going to end up with Hunter probably committing a murder-suicide. Because he really couldn't deal with emotions.(Hey his demons did get mostly exorcised)

The scenes that were created? Lovely.

The agony that both men went through (Hunter more so than Alex)? Touching.

And let's talk about the sex! they had just the right amount and how it was pretty hot they could never make it to a bed until towards the end of the story. And here's the kicker
Let's just say anytime I see a glass Coke bottle, I will always think of a particular scene. *blushes*
It made for one ultra scorching scene.

And then I, like Alex, thought hey...maybe his penis and love can help Hunter relate to the land of the living. Then Hunter's fists burst that bubble for Alex and I. (There's some fighting but don't let it discourage you from reading, it is an awesome story)

See shit was pretty real from the start and then it really did. Like:

The road to recovery is a long one and depends on the person. And Hunter's was not an easy one. He fought for it on his own without a magical penis or love wand a la Alex.

This book was such a good one. It had some sad moments (the letter from Mack to Alex- I admit I got a little choked up), sweet moments (Hunter showing Alex the Hawkins ranch), hurtful moments (Hunter hurt himself over and over with any thing he could get his hands on) and happy ones - The HEA, of course." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,639,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible