Reclaiming Love

Reclaiming Love

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

3.75 stars- I apparently have a thing for hurt/comfort...especially if there is some for of domestic violence. Hey some folks like tentaclesex...I likes me victims. ;D

This was...good. It's about an abused submissive, Kevin, who is still stalked by his abusive ex-boyfriend Dom, Josh. Kevin is constantly in fear, afraid of a lot of things (ex. phone calls, letters, men, etc.) and it was believable.

Kevin has understandable issues and hang-ups. He catches the eye of sexy blonde Irish implant, Connor McCann. He's nicknamed the Golden God" & for good reason. The story is all about Kevin and his path to relearning to love himself. I wished the POV was switched to get Connor's perspective. The two men fall for one another without miraculous cures with magical penises. :-o Consider me shocked. And these two fall in love all while Josh, the crazy ex stalker...stalks and escalates to crazy land.

Josh...I'd like to be locked in a room with him and a metal baseball bat. I'd love to crack some nuts. He's a mean mofo that needs to be taught a lesson. On the other hand, the scenes with his antics were more memorable for me than some of the gooey gushy moments.

With a great support of friends, Kevin finds his way out of his dark hole. Yay.

Thing is I lost interest around 80%. *shrugs* Can't pinpoint the moment and I'm not going to figure it out. Could've have been the 'idiot girl who knows there's a murderer on the loose but the dumb broad goes in the woods anyway by herself moment'. Just switch the idiot girl with Kevin. But he got over it, I guess.

And then I skimmed the last 10% because I wanted off the Poor Kevin float. I got motion sickness or something.

There was a happy ending, evil was vanquished. Love persevered. It's a good story with interesting enough characters. I wish we got more face time with Dr. Devon, the Dom shrink. He definitely had MC potential.

I still say it's readable. My reaction towards the ending shouldn't discourage." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,701,275 books! | Top bar: Always visible