Children of the Vampire (Diaries of the…

Children of the Vampire (Diaries of the Family Dracul) (edition 1996)

by Jeanne Kalogridis

320334,663 (3.52)None
Member:sidhevicious
Title:Children of the Vampire (Diaries of the Family Dracul)
Authors:Jeanne Kalogridis
Info:Dell (1996), Mass Market Paperback, 368 pages
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Vampire, Horror

Children of the Vampire by Jeanne Kalogridis

I’m not sure what exactly I can say about this book that I didn’t say about the first one. I came out of this one feeling basically the same way. I thought it was well written. I was pulled right in from the first page and I didn’t want to put it down.

I will say that, just like with the first book, there was a character that annoyed me. It was a different character and he wasn’t as bad as Arkady, but I still wanted to smack him at times. I also found this one to be predictable. I guessed everything, so I wasn’t surprised by anything. That was a bit disappointing and why I dropped my original four star rating down to three.

Other than those couple of problems, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. So far this is an amazing vampire trilogy and I’m so glad that I’m reading it. I can’t wait to read the third and final book, Lord of the Vampires, but at the same time, I don’t want it to end. Maybe I will wait a bit before picking it up. I’m just not sure how long I can wait. I want more. ( )
  TheBookHoarder | Mar 17, 2016 |
Continuing along with the Diaries of the Family Dracul, this is the second book in the series.

We find ourselves following now Mary, who has married the doctor Jan Van Helsing and is raising two boys: Abraham and Stefan. When Arkady comes to warn his son of the Covenant, things start to go wrong.

To tell you anything about this novel feels really kind of spoiler-ish so I'm just going to say that the twist is one that you probably won't see coming. I enjoy twists like that.

Out of the whole series, I thought this one was the fastest paced and it kept me reading and reading. The other two I have put down for a bit, but this one I read straight through. A good continuation to the first book. ( )
  SlySionnach | Dec 16, 2009 |
I liked the other two better then this one. and was a little disappoint in this one. even i should reread the seires so I can rememer the who thing.
  JacquiM | Sep 1, 2009 |

A relative of Dracula attempts to destroy him before Dracula draws his son into service through blood ritual.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,879,835 books! | Top bar: Always visible