Curvosity

Curvosity

113,689,591 (3)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

This story features a plus sized heroine, Lucy and her hunky werewolf boss, the Max Banks. The heroine crushed on her boos for two years and didn't think that he would ever date her. But the hero actually did notice her for the two years, actually from day one. Just from reading the premise I expected this to be knocked out of the park.

It was not.

The pros of this short story:

. Lucy knew who she was, though insecure, she accepted it. The author did not take the 'woe is me' approach. There were a few insecure tears...but it worked and was not melodramatic.

. The story was edited and written pretty good. Also the price fit the length of the story.

The cons of this short:

. The length works against the believability of Max actually having these longing feelings for Lucy.

. Offensive remark - another reader said there was an offensive remark made in this story. There was and I couldn't believe it as I read it - ...was grinning so wide she surprised she didn't have Asian eyes." Note to Author: there were so many other phrases you could have used. Please know it is offensive to others.

. The Max Banks - I wanted to kick his ass. He knew Lucy was his mate for two WHOLE years when he first interviewed her. He did NOTHING! And he had her schedule him dates with lots of other women(I'm not evening ranting about him sleeping with them). Can we say jerk? And he thinks of Lucy like this:

"She was beautiful, her large hips making it nearly impossible for another person to fit through the doorway with her. It was an almost understated power play; she controlled who could and couldn't gain access to him."

WTF?! and then Lucy actually asks Max what I've thought all along, "Max, I know I'm not a size two, but I also know I'm not a hideous troll. I get that I'm pretty in my own big girl way. What I don't get is how you can date skinny blondes for two years straight and then all of a sudden expect me to believe that you've had a thing for me all along."

I agree with you Lucy especially being introduced to Max's previous thoughts of you in the first chapter. I rate the story 2.5 stars really because it was that bad yet not that good either." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,116,881 books! | Top bar: Always visible