Knight

Knight

212,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byallnightreader, SheReadsALot

After I read the beginning of Knight", I was actually going to give this book up. This is my first time reading this author. I did not like the over description of a room or items. After having to read about L-shapes and rooms and walls and colors...I thought is the author ever going to get to the point. But I kept telling myself, try one more chapter, it'll probably get better.

Then Knight is introduced.

His words were just...I can't even describe. He spoke in so little words(And I mean little). I kept having to re-read a lot of parts especially in the beginning of "Knight because he seemed to be the only one to understand what the hell he was talking about. If Anya thought she was confused, I was more so. I didn't get this guy's deal. He spoke like a thug, ordering Anya around and his "Yo's". He just was- at first a little frustrating in the beginning of his story. then after I kept reading I though he was a mob boss or something sinister. I couldn't put my finger on it.

Anya was a good girl. She had issues and not the easiest life but she made best of it. And I applaud her for trying to be an independent woman (This is before Knight encompassed her life).

But if you're still reading my review, you probably noticed I kept reading "Knight" because, the book is good. The love story between Knight and Anya was pretty good.

Now I know Knight loves control, being in it and doing it. I also liked the way he shared his life story. I appreciated him at the end of this story. Knight is a twenty first century caveman. He might not be every woman's cup of tea...but he was Anya's. And he treated her like a damn queen. (And thanks for the epilogue... :)this will keep Knight on his toes for years to come)

So will I read the next book in the series? Most likely. I would have given "Knight" five stars but I still felt the over descriptions could be edited down, at times. It's distracting from the story.

I would recommend this book who felt like giving up on Knight in the beginning. The story is worth it.

" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,697,873 books! | Top bar: Always visible