Ravensong

Ravensong

113,689,591 (2)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

TWO & 1/2 STARS--I liked the set up for the story. However based on its premise I was expecting something slightly more different. It seemed as if a bad boy rock star was going to be in a passion filled romance with his engaged to be married co-worker. Instead we get more of a biography of Ravensong, a Native American rock star's sad life of abuse, drugs and his recovery.

The romance felt a bit lackluster because the characters said the right words but I didn't believe it as much. I still finished the story because I was curious as to who was setting Ravensong up. Also Julian was a main antagonist in the story but he mellowed out for no real apparent reason. It was weird. As was Eliot's response to

Spoiler-ish: To be honest, the switch between Ravensong's flashbacks and present day was not flawless. I had to read back a few times to figure out if he was having a flashback or not. Also telling his whole drug filled tale was necessary but I felt some parts could have been edited out. Also if his drug abuse tale was shared in the beginning and the weak prologue scrapped, I think I might have felt more...endeared to the tale.

This story is not really a romance in my opinion because the romance was secondary to the suspense of who was setting Ravensong up and the emotional tale of Ravensong's life thrust into the spotlight., when we find out who behind all of the drama, it was unexpected. I didn't see it because the heroine's fiancee did not care about her during the relationship, why would he go through all of this for her now?

I do agree with another reviewer that the men's dialogue did read like women were talking. And I get Ravensong accepting the abuse because he didn't want to become his father but really he...could have finally put a stop to it or try to put an end to it once and for all.

But I do think this story will appeal to other readers.

I recommend this story for adult readers that like YA PG-type reads but want to read a story that is more mature. ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,638 books! | Top bar: Always visible