Multiplied by Seven

Multiplied by Seven

222,551,640 (4.75)None
Recently added byMrsKnightley, SheReadsALot

4.5 stars

Wow, so uncomfortable. Uncomfortable, uncomfortable, uncomfortable. But so well written - both technically and expressively, that I cannot deny that I enjoyed the dynamic of Stiles and Derek’s personalities portrayed in this AU (even if my mind keeps placing both boys much older while in it). I have a lot of mixed emotions for this one. And I am not really sure where to start. This Sterek focuses on a Lolita like relationship that begins when Stiles is 13 and Derek is 16 and is continuing at the end of the story when they are now 20 and 23 respectively. As the mother of two sons, the age of consent was most certainly an issue. And yet both their characters were portrayed in a fashion that they possessed the maturity to grasp that. As I read my mind was screaming at how wrong this relationship was and how much I would flip if I were John, but a part of me did not read either boy being a victim in this relationship. I am not quite sure I have the time (it is the holiday rush - two weeks before Xmas as I write this - maybe I will revisit this review again during a different time of year) or the current wear-with-all to deeply reflect and convey clearly my thoughts during this story. I think Lilia’s review probably sums it up best - that if Stiles where my kid and I found out, Derek would be dead, yet a part of me reflects on myself as a sexually experimenting teenager (not as young as Stiles, though) and has to concede some point that is still buried in the back of mind unable to be formed into words at this time.

I will say the characterizations of both Stiles and Derek are so fluid and well contrived that I think this would stand well on it’s own - not as a Sterek. That this author has a story here and does not need to rely on Teen Wolf characters to tell it.

I highly recommend reading [b:Hear his alibis|23342635|Hear his alibis (By and By, #1)|1001cranes|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1416685310s/23342635.jpg|42901950] AFTER reading this one. It is listed as the prequel to MbS, but really it is more of a "companion" to MbS. The events in HHA are simultaneous to those in MbS and are told from John's POV - which I felt was much needed.

Here are some of my highlighted notes for a taste.

“Stiles is an acquired taste, like brussel sprouts - and once you learn to like brussel sprouts, you love them, and hey! they're good for you! but that doesn't mean you want to eat them everyday.”

“They don't talk about sex, as much as they have of it. They don't talk about the future, or the past. They don't talk about Derek's family, or Stiles's mom. They talk about sports and school if anything at all. When they have a moment alone it's not for heart to hearts. Mouth to mouth, maybe, but that's a way to keep secrets, not tell them.”

“So maybe there isn't a word for it. Maybe it's just who they are. Or maybe all people are really this fucked up, under their normal boring everyday stuff. Maybe everyone has someone they're a little bit crazy for.”

“I know," Stiles says, because he's never been afraid to say no to Derek, even if he never has. "C'mon, what?”

Excerpt From: 1001cranes. “multiplied by seven.” Archive of Our Own, 2012-04-23. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright." ( )
  MrsKnightley | Oct 18, 2017 |
Love is finding matching cray to add to your cray.

So yeah, branding. Mmhmm.

And pyromaniacs. *nods*

Damn was this level of cray-cray subtle. There was such an ease to the things Stiles and Derek did to one another. And yes, you can totally read this one first before Hear his alibis but I didn't listen. I have a deeper appreciation for the prequel/companion piece because Sheriff Stinliski is the man. Like he's such a doll face. I love him and Stiles' relationship.

I'm just going to babble my feels for this book because I love cray-cray, hot possessive, maddening couples in my fiction. These two (Derek Stiles) are maybe a level 5 or 6. Still not up there with my faves...because nothing says I love you like watching you sleep with a butcher knife in your hand. Not this book. The image is a major hint though.

I like the stalking, I love creepy Derek, I like that Stiles didn't try to impress Derek and I didn't see anything wrong with their ages. Just because it's only 3 years difference. If Stiles was my kid, it'd be a different story but he's not and it's fiction (great fiction at that).

There is Bottom!Derek (not my fave, thank goodness for versatility) and it's all human AU (also not my fave), so it had two strike going in, right? WRONG!

Author has a deft hand. Gotta give props to that. And the sex scenes were oddly appropriate. I love that he waited for the major stuff. And then when it happened...damn man, it was worth it.

So creeptastic, cray-cray and I get a solid HEA.

Oh and the branding.

Soooo not my kink but that's like ultimate kind of love, right there.

These two were made for each other. Bought it hook, line and sinker." ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,653,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible