Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

113,689,591 (2.5)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

I saw the tags and I rushed to read this. I really liked this prompt and liked the way the author interpreted it. The story...I don't know. I think I liked it more than I disliked.

If I didn't pay attention to the tags, I'd never know what Damien was. You couldn't tell from the story. It was vague. Also what's vague? Just about the entire story. For me, a lover of incubi stories, it was a letdown. Just going to blurt out my thoughts and try to figure a rating.

Ethan is a counselor for troubled teens. He's single and hasn't had a good night's sleep in weeks. He doesn't know why, all he remembers is a pair of blue eyes. He discovered the cause to be Blue Eyes aka Damien. They share dreams, have sex (breath play and a brief bondage scene). Ethan starts liking it though he knows the dreams aren't good for him. Damien remains vague as to what he is, barely explains what he's doing-he has powers that could kill Ethan.

Oh there's an ex (isn't there always?) named Shane who knows what Ethan is suffering from without Ethan explaining. He knew to use a magic route from his own past experience. What are the chances? Vague sex dream beings might be running rampant in their neck of the woods.

Ethan and Damien would talk about their futility of dream sexing since they can't exist on the same plane? It was back and forth between him being here, the other one being over there, they can't be here together because they just can't.

The idea was great, the execution left me a little deflated. It was the lighter side of BDSM. Later in the story, Ethan states he's a sub. He does have a scene (brief) with his ex in the story with a belt. I don't know if they had sex. Fair warning if those aren't your things.

I'm not busting my brain on this one so...I'm on the middle of the fence. I'm swimming in the 2-3 stars pool but I'll round up.

Thanks to the author and the team behind the story. ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,768,263 books! | Top bar: Always visible