Running in Circles

113,689,591 (3.5)None
Recently added bySheReadsALot

3.5 Stars--You add student-teacher tags, you pretty much guaranteed I'm reading

And read I did. ;)

Brody returns home to work temporarily at a law firm. He has some regrets about returning home. The biggest being his former high school teacher, Nate. Nate pushed the then 18 year-old away, even though they both wanted each other. Then and now. A jog ends up changing both men's lives.

The prompt was pretty open if you overlook the joggers whose lives change in a moment. I think the author chose a cool route to make it former teacher/student finally getting another chance at the tension between them.

The elements of the story was pretty solid...the last bit. *groans* What is it with IQ points dropping when dicks are whipped out? Two seemingly normal adults who could communicate their needs effectively, but once they came...they get a little dumb.

I think it might've worked better for me if:

- we got a flashback of Nate and Brody back then. It would have helped to believe their present day tension. Telling us about it doesn't help the believability for me.

- Panic attack? But he moved on during the interim years...maybe would have worked better if he didn't have it or he remained faithful while Nate was away.

-I think it should have been longer for trying to attempt the feels it tried to give. The characters could have been kept as superficial as they were but the emotions could have been played up. :)

Overall, I was entertained. I got hot sweaty sex. Wished the minor meltdown toward the end didn't happen but it did...so I can't round up.

My thanks to the author and the team behind the event.
" ( )
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,015,340 books! | Top bar: Always visible