Dancing Naked at the Edge of Dawn by Kris…

Dancing Naked at the Edge of Dawn

by Kris Radish

A friend going through a divorce loaned me this one. It's kind of a self-help book disguised as a novel. Not really my thing, but I can see how it would be useful and affirming for someone in her position.
  petrini1 | Jan 4, 2012 |
Kris Radish writes books about women empowering women. Some would call it chick lit and I suppose it’s that too.
In this book, Meg comes home and hears noises from upstairs when nobody should be home. Instead of leaving or calling the police, she sneaks up the stairs and sees her husband in bed with another woman. Instead of confrontation, she chooses to leave the house. She finds a friend, falls apart and then decides to throw her husband out. For months she wallows in her grief and self-pity ignoring advice from friends and strangers alike as she tries to find strength in herself and her choices. She finally realizes that she wasn’t that happy in her marriage and didn’t have the sort of life she thought she would when she was young.
Kris Radish spends a lot of time in each of her books developing her characters and their back-story so that when they give advice, the reader knows where they are coming from and why they feel the way they do.
As good as it was and as much as I enjoy her writing, I found that around the ¾ point, I wanted her to wrap things up. It seemed that the message was becoming redundant, saying the same thing over and over. Of course, that may have been her point - that we sometimes need to hear the same things over and over before we listen.
I still look forward to reading more of her books. ( )
  dudes22 | Oct 20, 2011 |
Cliche-ridden, self-pitying...one of the few books I couldn't bring myself to finish. ( )
  Disie35 | Mar 20, 2010 |
This is the type of book you send to all your friends. I sent it to my best friend for her birthday. Lucky for me I still have a few more that I haven't read and she just published a new one!!!! Keep them coming Kris! ( )
  Maggie-the-Cat | Jul 19, 2009 |
I absolutely loved this book! It may be a work of fiction, but it had some powerful messages for women. I loved the journeys that the heroine and her friends took. Very inspirational ( )
  sharonhh | Jul 28, 2008 |

From the bestselling author of The Elegant Gathering of White Snows comes a poignant, outrageous, refreshingly liberating story about one woman whose life takes an unexpected turn....

Meg Fratano has just witnessed the unthinkable: her husband of twenty—seven years making love to another woman. In her bed. And all Meg wanted to do was watch. Quietly, secretly, watch. Then she realized her life would never be the same.

Meg isn’t sure what she wants, but she knows it’s not what she had. After almost three decades of marriage and two children, she has finally awakened to how unhappy she is.

Now, with the help of friends old and new, and even her teenage daughter—a former brat who has blossomed into a startlingly wise young woman—Meg just might break through the chains of everyone’s expectations for her and find the strength to take the first step on her own path. To strip away a lifetime of inhibitions. To dance naked at the edge of dawn...

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:19 -0400)

"Meg Fratano has just witnessed the unthinkable: her husband of twenty-seven years making love to another woman. In her bed. And all Meg wanted to do was watch. Quietly, secretly, watch. Then she realized her life would never be the same." "Meg isn't sure what she wants, but she knows it's not what she had. After almost three decades of marriage and two children, she has finally awakened to how unhappy she is." "Now, with the help of friends old and new, and even her teenage daughter - a former brat who has blossomed into a startlingly wise young woman - Meg just might break through the chains of everyone's expectations for her and find the strength to take the first step on her own path. To strip away a lifetime of inhibitions. To dance naked at the edge of dawn."--BOOK JACKET.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,695,987 books! | Top bar: Always visible