Just a Girl by Ellie Cahill

Just a Girl

by Ellie Cahill

521,436,638 (3.5)None

This book had some really strong parts but there were a lot of holes that diminished my enjoyment. I liked Presley a lot but felt that Paul was never really developed. He treats her well and is a musician but we don't know much else about him or have background on him. The plot developed very well but then stalled and I felt like we just sputtered to the ending. There was a lot of promise here that wasn't delivered. ( )
  reesa00 | Oct 16, 2016 |
Loved this book. Presley was the lead singer for a group but was kicked out of her own group. Apparently, it's her fault she keeps getting offered solo contracts and the producers don't look at the rest of the group. She decides to come home and help out at her parents music store where she meets Paul. Paul is a music teacher and guitarist for a group. He also has a problem. He has crippling stage fright that he self medicates for. One thing leads to another and Presley & Paul get involved. However, when the group's lead vocalist who is also in the National Guard gets called up for duty, the group wants Presley to fill in. Presley still feels part of the problem with her first group was that she got involved with a band member. What will she do? Will her relationship with Paul suffer? Can he continue to perform with his stage fright issues?

I enjoyed this book. It had enough twists & turns to keep you interested but also had some surprises along the way. The author was able to set a scene perfectly and the writing was very realistic. The author changed this up and made it unique by using a series of tweets & playlists for dramatic effect. I loved reading about the afterhours events at the parents music store. The author really drew a picture of these events. Plus, I loved the tweets showing the demise of Presley's previous band & how they came crawling back. This ended up being a great read.

I was given an ARC by NetGalley in exchange for an honest opinion. ( )
  Pam50627 | Sep 14, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,013 books! | Top bar: Always visible