I am Jane Goodall (Ordinary People Change…

I am Jane Goodall (Ordinary People Change the World) (2016)

by Brad Meltzer

Other authors: Christopher Eliopoulos (Illustrator)

Series: Ordinary People Change World

This is a great picture book sharing the life of Dr. Jane Goodall by Brad Meltzer. The book starts with Dr.Goodall a young animal loving Jane to the world renowned scientist she is today. The end of the book has a timeline of her life and some real photographs from her life. This section is a great addition to the book. I think students will thoroughly enjoy. ( )
  krchavis | Jul 25, 2017 |
This book tells the story of Jane Goodall and how she came to love animals and want to work with them. It details the work she did with chickens and how she felt about all animals as she moved through her career.

I love this book because it tells the true story of a woman that many children have heard of but may not know details about. The book describes many of Goodall's accomplishments and is an inspiring read.

This book can be used to teach a lesson on biographies and how they describe a real person's life. Students can do their own research on a person who did something inspirational and talk about why they admire that person. ( )
  ErinLeary | Dec 5, 2016 |
Read for award illustrator assignment.
  ahle | Dec 4, 2016 |
Summary: This book teaches the children about Jane Goodall's rise to love animals. It shows how she learned to observe animals by watching chickens, and watching how they lay their eggs. This picture book tells her life story to children that love animals.
Personal Reaction: The book does a good job at explaining the how Jane got to love and observe animals.
Classroom extension idea:
1. Children can bring in their favorite animal in stuffed animal form.
2. Tell class they love the animal. ( )
  GiselleNieto | Nov 30, 2016 |
This book is about Jane Goodall, the scientist and conservationist who is famous for her work with chimpanzees. Jane Goodall spent a majority of her life dedicated to researching and preserving the life of monkeys. Brad Meltzer has made it easy for children to learn about historical figures in his new series. These books are informative and designed well for the younger crowd. ( )
  John_Spelce | Oct 12, 2016 |

Brad Meltzerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Eliopoulos, ChristopherIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Lila and Teddy, who taught me how much animals should be loved.
And for Amy Waggs & Kim Chi, for the same.
--B. M.
For Buddy Scalera, who always makes time to listen to my problems and gives to others without expecting in return. A true friend.
--C. E.
I am Jane Goodall. On my first birthday, my father bought me a cuddly toy chimpanzee named Jubilee.

We can all be heroes. That’s the inspiring message of this New York Times bestselling picture book biography series from historian and author Brad Meltzer. Learn all about Jane Goodall, the chimpanzee scientist.

Each picture book in this series is a biography of a significant historical figure, told in a simple, conversational, vivacious way, and always focusing on a character trait that makes the person a role model for kids. The heroes are depicted as children throughout, telling their life stories in first-person present tense, which keeps the books playful and accessible to young children. And each book ends with a line of encouragement, a direct quote, photos, a timeline, and a source list. This tenth book in the series features Jane Goodall, the scientist and conservationist who is famous for her work with chimpanzees.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 20 Jun 2016 15:46:45 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,122,325 books! | Top bar: Always visible